Adding a Windows '98 drive to an existing XP system, with ..

Everything I've read on this subject says to first install '98, then
'XP, at least on a single drive.

I want to add Windows '98 on a seperate hard drive, along with a boot
loader where ever it needs to be. But I would prefer not to have to
start over from scratch. Is this possible?

I didn't realize how many applications would not run under XP, but I
don't really want to start over from scratch.
3 answers Last reply
More about adding windows drive existing system

    See if this helps..
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

    <scharf.steven@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Everything I've read on this subject says to first install '98, then
    > 'XP, at least on a single drive.
    >
    > I want to add Windows '98 on a seperate hard drive, along with a boot
    > loader where ever it needs to be. But I would prefer not to have to
    > start over from scratch. Is this possible?
    >
    > I didn't realize how many applications would not run under XP, but I
    > don't really want to start over from scratch.

    scharf.steven@gmail.com wrote:

    >I didn't realize how many applications would not run under XP, but I
    >don't really want to start over from scratch.

    Really? I have actually found very few, and most of those were very
    old games that I really wasn't that keen about anyway.

    Perhaps if you posted the names of some of the applications that you
    are having problems running in Windows XP then you might receive
    suggestions as to how to get them to work for you.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    98 after XP:
    Install Win98/Me After Installing Windows XP:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    <scharf.steven@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122390288.545203.60600@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > Everything I've read on this subject says to first install '98, then
    > 'XP, at least on a single drive.
    >
    > I want to add Windows '98 on a seperate hard drive, along with a boot
    > loader where ever it needs to be. But I would prefer not to have to
    > start over from scratch. Is this possible?
    >
    > I didn't realize how many applications would not run under XP, but I
    > don't really want to start over from scratch.

Windows 98 Windows XP