Adding a Windows '98 drive to an existing XP system, with ..

July 26, 2005 12:04:48 PM

Everything I've read on this subject says to first install '98, then
'XP, at least on a single drive.

I want to add Windows '98 on a seperate hard drive, along with a boot
loader where ever it needs to be. But I would prefer not to have to
start over from scratch. Is this possible?

I didn't realize how many applications would not run under XP, but I
don't really want to start over from scratch.
July 26, 2005 9:09:19 PM

See if this helps..
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

<scharf.steven@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Everything I've read on this subject says to first install '98, then
> 'XP, at least on a single drive.
>
> I want to add Windows '98 on a seperate hard drive, along with a boot
> loader where ever it needs to be. But I would prefer not to have to
> start over from scratch. Is this possible?
>
> I didn't realize how many applications would not run under XP, but I
> don't really want to start over from scratch.

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:29:43 AM

scharf.steven@gmail.com wrote:

>I didn't realize how many applications would not run under XP, but I
>don't really want to start over from scratch.

Really? I have actually found very few, and most of those were very
old games that I really wasn't that keen about anyway.

Perhaps if you posted the names of some of the applications that you
are having problems running in Windows XP then you might receive
suggestions as to how to get them to work for you.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:06:48 AM

98 after XP:
Install Win98/Me After Installing Windows XP:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!