Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi ... I am unable to open my photo editing software, although I had used it
previously. I tried from both the desktop and all programs with no results. I
tried to un-install the program to re-install it but the system will not
allow me to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jack

Byte

Reinstall it right over top of the old one.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi ... I am unable to open my photo editing software, although I had used it
> previously. I tried from both the desktop and all programs with no results. I
> tried to un-install the program to re-install it but the system will not
> allow me to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Jack

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Byte -- I did as you said and still cannot bring the program up. It does tell
me that it is on the C drive and in programs but nothing. ???

Jack

"Byte" wrote:

> Reinstall it right over top of the old one.
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "Jack" wrote:
>
> > Hi ... I am unable to open my photo editing software, although I had used it
> > previously. I tried from both the desktop and all programs with no results. I
> > tried to un-install the program to re-install it but the system will not
> > allow me to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Jack

Gordon

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ... I am unable to open my photo editing software, although I had used
it
> previously. I tried from both the desktop and all programs with no
results. I
> tried to un-install the program to re-install it but the system will not
> allow me to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Jack

When you say "will not allow me" what exactly do you mean? How are you
trying to un-install it, and what happens when you try? Please post the
entire contents of any error messages you get.

HTH

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

I am trying to un-install the program from change/remove programs. It begins
to remove the program and then a message comes up telling me that it is a
"Locked File." ???

Jack

> I am trying to un-install the program from change/remove programs. It
begins
> to remove the program and then a message comes up telling me that it is a
> "Locked File." ???
>
> Jack

Boot into Safe Mode and try it from there.

Sometimes programs have their own uninstall program. Go to Start then
Programs list and find your program and when you move your mouse over to that
program check near the bottom of that list to see if there is an uninstall
program.

"Jack" wrote:

> Byte -- I did as you said and still cannot bring the program up. It does tell
> me that it is on the C drive and in programs but nothing. ???
>
> Jack
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > Reinstall it right over top of the old one.
> > --
> > XP-WNP
> > Today is the first day of the
> > rest of your life.
> >

> > "Jack" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi ... I am unable to open my photo editing software, although I had used it
> > > previously. I tried from both the desktop and all programs with no results. I
> > > tried to un-install the program to re-install it but the system will not
> > > allow me to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Jack

TRENDING THREADS