Mystery Text while Booting

Hi,

WIN XP HOME w/SP2 latest updates, Dell 2400 DIM

When booting, at the very beginning, immediately before the black
screen with the blue progress bars, the word DELL pops up in the upper
left corner for about a half second and disappears. I see the word
DELL, in small font size, against the all black background and a few
words below it which disappear before I can even register the word Dell
in my brain.

Any one have a clue?

Thanks...
Mike

Just the normal POST messages (Power On Self Test) that PCs display. Got a
video camera? Record your monitor as the computer starts, then play back
frame by frame until you see what you're looking for.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."