NetGear MR314 wireless router problem - no wireless light ..

My Netgear MR314 wireless router worked fine for about 3 months. All
of a sudden, the wireless connection disappears. Looking at the base
unit, I can see that the wireless light indicator is not showing.

However, everything else works fine. I unplug it and leave it switched
off for an hour, turn it on and it works again.

However, the same thing has happened. And this time rebooting it has
no effect.

Has anybody had this problem?

My setup:
2 x Netgear MA111 USB wireless adapters
1 x Netgear MR314
Win XP

Thanks!

Alex
dinnertan@ya-nospam-hoo.com

Alex SJ Tan wrote:
> My Netgear MR314 wireless router worked fine for about 3 months. All
> of a sudden, the wireless connection disappears. Looking at the base
> unit, I can see that the wireless light indicator is not showing.
>
> However, everything else works fine. I unplug it and leave it switched
> off for an hour, turn it on and it works again.
>
> However, the same thing has happened. And this time rebooting it has
> no effect.
>
> Has anybody had this problem?
>
> My setup:
> 2 x Netgear MA111 USB wireless adapters
> 1 x Netgear MR314
> Win XP
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alex
> dinnertan@ya-nospam-hoo.com

Check that the power adapter is not plugged in to a surge protector, and
that it is open to the air for cooling. I have had similar NG device
problems (Linksys as well) caused by a AC adapters that are covered
over, inverted which causes overheating or having an inadequate AC
voltage from a faulty surge protector which also make it run hot.

> Check that the power adapter is not plugged in to a surge protector, and
> that it is open to the air for cooling. I have had similar NG device
> problems (Linksys as well) caused by a AC adapters that are covered
> over, inverted which causes overheating or having an inadequate AC
> voltage from a faulty surge protector which also make it run hot.

It's currently plugged into a multi socket adapter, with no surge
protector. However, it is placed above my tv, so that could be it.

I've moved it a to cooler shelf, and also upgraded the firmware. The
problem seems to have gone away now.

Thanks!!!