Cannot Access My USB Thumb Drive.

Hey

I am having trouble with a USB Thumb drive that I just got. When I
insert the drive my computer reads it, the remove safely feature
activates, it appears in the device manager and it appears in My
Computer as drive E: (I have no other devices on this letter). However
when i try to access it through My Computer its stops responding. Other
times it acts like it is being connected and disconnected. Other times
it will say that it cant be disconnected at this time.

For the life of me I have no idea whats the matter with it. It actually
worked today and i was able to transfer files into my computer but then
it went back to crud city. It works on other computers running XP just
fine and it runs on my Mac also.

I have done the following to try fix it. I have uninstalled the USB
things through device manager and reebooted. Checked that USB legacy
was on the BIOS and tried different USB ports.

So if you could help me in anyway it would be very must appreciated.

Cheers

Obergeist

--
Obergeist

could it be a cable or connector problem?
have you tried it on another PC or even another USB port on the same PC?

"Obergeist" <Obergeist.1ssf1q@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hey
>
> I am having trouble with a USB Thumb drive that I just got. When I
> insert the drive my computer reads it, the remove safely feature
> activates, it appears in the device manager and it appears in My
> Computer as drive E: (I have no other devices on this letter). However
> when i try to access it through My Computer its stops responding. Other
> times it acts like it is being connected and disconnected. Other times
> it will say that it cant be disconnected at this time.
>
> For the life of me I have no idea whats the matter with it. It actually
> worked today and i was able to transfer files into my computer but then
> it went back to crud city. It works on other computers running XP just
> fine and it runs on my Mac also.
>
> I have done the following to try fix it. I have uninstalled the USB
> things through device manager and reebooted. Checked that USB legacy
> was on the BIOS and tried different USB ports.
>
> So if you could help me in anyway it would be very must appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Obergeist
>

> --
> Obergeist

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Sounds very much like a intermittent in cable or connection. Suggest trying
a different cable "or plug direct" to a different USB jack.
SG