Closed

Problems with arcadeshop???

I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a Galaga.
Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off until
Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
machine. thanks guys

Jeff
17 answers Last reply
More about problems arcadeshop

    I ordered a ms pacman metal control panel and got it in 2 days. Always have
    had good service with arcadeshop.

    "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a Galaga.
    >Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off until
    >Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
    >days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
    >thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
    >kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
    >machine. thanks guys
    >
    > Jeff

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    This is a family run business, a handful of people in a big warehouse. Like
    Jeff says, things come up. It could be that some of the components that they
    make them from are out of stock too.

    Mark

    "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a Galaga.
    >Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off until
    >Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
    >days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
    >thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
    >kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
    >machine. thanks guys
    >
    > Jeff

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    now and then delays in shipping something are inevitable... however the
    SHOULD have notified you of any delays the moment they were aware of them...

    I've ordered from them in the past and haven't had any problems...

    maybe something just came up?

    "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a Galaga.
    >Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off until
    >Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
    >days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
    >thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
    >kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
    >machine. thanks guys
    >
    > Jeff

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Wow, you guys act like places like Arcadeshop, Phoenix Arcade and
    Arcaderenovations are huge companies with 50 + employees and a customer
    service department just waiting to happily take your order.. These are
    really small operations that are run with a lot of dedication by a small
    number of people, have been for years. When you order from any of them
    you're not calling Wal-Mart, you're calling someone that could be working a
    real full time job, having computer issues, going to an auction for a week
    and/or experiencing the reality of life. Many things are hand made and not
    necessarily 'in stock'. Honestly, Galaga power supplies are super simple to
    replace with a switcher.. if you need it that bloody fast, do it yourself.
    Lighten up and put things in perspective.

    /b

    "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > now and then delays in shipping something are inevitable... however the
    > SHOULD have notified you of any delays the moment they were aware of
    > them...
    >
    > I've ordered from them in the past and haven't had any problems...
    >
    > maybe something just came up?
    >
    > "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >>with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a
    >>Galaga. Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped
    >>off until Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does
    >>it take 5 days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't
    >>understand how thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off
    >>ebay. Sorry it kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my
    >>to fix there machine. thanks guys
    >>
    >> Jeff

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I think Steven does a great job at arcadeshop. It's great for this hobby.

    "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a Galaga.
    >Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off until
    >Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
    >days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
    >thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
    >kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
    >machine. thanks guys
    >
    > Jeff

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I've never had any problems....I get my order within 3-5 days.

    .. wrote:

    > I ordered a ms pacman metal control panel and got it in 2 days. Always have
    > had good service with arcadeshop.
    >
    > "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >>with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a Galaga.
    >>Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off until
    >>Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
    >>days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
    >>thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
    >>kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
    >>machine. thanks guys
    >>
    >>Jeff

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    they shipped to UK in good time for me

    i think they're an excellent company
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Sorry to hear about the delay. Every once in a while, I run into a
    bump in the road with a longer than expected delay or shipping goof.

    That said, I can't say enough good thinks about Arcadeshop and Steven's
    products. It's ALWAYS the first place I check for reproduction art and
    parts. The only other place I regularly shop at is Bob Roberts, who is
    a class act, too. I've never once been short of thrilled at the
    quality of their stuff. Everything from CPOs to repro marquees to
    repro WG6100 boards to T-molding. Amazing stuff and all top-notch.
    Lots of other great places, too, like PhoenixArcade, but Arcadeshop's
    variety is unequalled.

    I've dully restored 30+ machines using them and I'll continue to be
    very loyal. Not that it's an excuse for delayed shipping, but I'd
    recommend just calling them. They're always super nice, laid back, and
    willing to please.

    Take care,
    Ben Wagner
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Bob Roberts is excellent! He cross ships, tell me who else does that.

    Troy,

    "BWAGNER5150" <wagner_benjamin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry to hear about the delay. Every once in a while, I run into a
    > bump in the road with a longer than expected delay or shipping goof.
    >
    > That said, I can't say enough good thinks about Arcadeshop and Steven's
    > products. It's ALWAYS the first place I check for reproduction art and
    > parts. The only other place I regularly shop at is Bob Roberts, who is
    > a class act, too. I've never once been short of thrilled at the
    > quality of their stuff. Everything from CPOs to repro marquees to
    > repro WG6100 boards to T-molding. Amazing stuff and all top-notch.
    > Lots of other great places, too, like PhoenixArcade, but Arcadeshop's
    > variety is unequalled.
    >
    > I've dully restored 30+ machines using them and I'll continue to be
    > very loyal. Not that it's an excuse for delayed shipping, but I'd
    > recommend just calling them. They're always super nice, laid back, and
    > willing to please.
    >
    > Take care,
    > Ben Wagner

  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    > These are really small operations that are run with a lot of dedication
    > by a small
    > number of people, have been for years.

    true... but really... how difficult is it to have a program generate
    automatic notifications to you when there is some delay...

    and it IS a business... big or small, they are taking your money, you have a
    right to know if they can't ship in a timely manner.

    "prOk" <bsonej@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Wow, you guys act like places like Arcadeshop, Phoenix Arcade and
    > Arcaderenovations are huge companies with 50 + employees and a customer
    > service department just waiting to happily take your order.. These are
    > really small operations that are run with a lot of dedication by a small
    > number of people, have been for years. When you order from any of them
    > you're not calling Wal-Mart, you're calling someone that could be working
    > real full time job, having computer issues, going to an auction for a week
    > and/or experiencing the reality of life. Many things are hand made and
    > not necessarily 'in stock'. Honestly, Galaga power supplies are super
    > simple to replace with a switcher.. if you need it that bloody fast, do it
    > yourself. Lighten up and put things in perspective.
    >
    > /b
    >
    > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> now and then delays in shipping something are inevitable... however the
    >> SHOULD have notified you of any delays the moment they were aware of
    >> them...
    >>
    >> I've ordered from them in the past and haven't had any problems...
    >>
    >> maybe something just came up?
    >>
    >> "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>>I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >>>with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a
    >>>Galaga. Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped
    >>>off until Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does
    >>>it take 5 days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't
    >>>understand how thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off
    >>>ebay. Sorry it kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my
    >>>to fix there machine. thanks guys
    >>>
    >>> Jeff

  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Arcadeshop=Awesome !!
    NEVER had a problem, EVERYTHING is of highest quality, and I get what
    I order the next day here in FL.

    -Rik
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I've never had a problem with Arcadeshop, I pretty much think they are the
    fastest shipping best one stop place for arcade parts. Bob Roberts being a
    close second, but it generally takes longer because you've gotta send him a
    money order. A one week delivery time for me is totally acceptable for a
    small operation and I think I usually get orders from them in 3-4 days. It's
    too bad you "need it like yesterday," can't you raid another machine for a
    power supply if you are so desperate? --dan

    "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    >with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a Galaga.
    >Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off until
    >Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
    >days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
    >thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
    >kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
    >machine. thanks guys
    >
    > Jeff

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    "Mrtron" <journeyfan@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I hate to do this but have any of you guys ever had this kind of problem
    > with them??? I called Friday morning to order a power supply for a
    Galaga.
    > Now it's friday morning. And i am told "well it won't be shipped off
    until
    > Wednesday" Now i need it like yesterday. Why in the hell does it take 5
    > days to get it in them mail???? It's paid for. I don't understand how
    > thats good customer service. Too bad i didn't win it off ebay. Sorry it
    > kind of pissed me off. I have a customer waiting for my to fix there
    > machine. thanks guys
    >
    > Jeff

    We were on vacation last week (8th through 14th) and had all our calls
    routed to our cell so we could communicate with our customers. (so
    much for customer service?) If we were in the office, the power supply
    would have shipped the same day.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > now and then delays in shipping something are inevitable... however the
    > SHOULD have notified you of any delays the moment they were aware of
    them...

    He was told when he placed the order, it would not ship until Wednesday.
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Never have had a problem with Arcadeshop..
    Very helpful and my items have shipped in a reasonable aamount of
    time...
    Rich
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Steve is one of the nicest guys in the business and has a lot of
    unique products (Tron mini CPO). They are knolegable and always seem
    to have time to answer a question or two about a product. I check
    their site routinely for items.

    I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding but given Steve's
    reputation and personal experience I'm sure he did everything possible
    to help.

    Mike
    www.habos-arcade.com
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    sounds good to me...

    of course you KNOW this is going to end up as another he-said/she-said bitch
    fest...

    oh, btw... you might want to update your ball handle 8-way stick to say that
    it's a short shaft... I should have asked (not that I don't have other uses
    for it mind you).

    steve

    "Steven Gregory" <sgregory@arcadeshop.com> wrote in message

    > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> now and then delays in shipping something are inevitable... however the
    >> SHOULD have notified you of any delays the moment they were aware of
    > them...
    >>

    > He was told when he placed the order, it would not ship until Wednesday.

Classifieds Hot Deals