MAPI32.DLL Error message

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I keep getting "the ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link
library MAPI32.DLL". Can onyone tell me how I can correct this problem
without restoring my entire Windows XP Home Edition software? Thanks for
your help!

Mapi is a messaging or mail file. Try a repair of the mail app.

If Outlook Express, Search for msoe50.inf(The default location is C:\Windows\Inf folder) Right click the Msoe50.inf file, and click
Install. Insert XP CD when prompted, Browse to the I386 folder, click Open, then OK.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9F5FF84-9772-48A6-8B81-99B9E0114D2A@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting "the ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link
> library MAPI32.DLL". Can onyone tell me how I can correct this problem
> without restoring my entire Windows XP Home Edition software? Thanks for
> your help!

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Mapi is a messaging or mail file. Try a repair of the mail app.
>
> If Outlook Express, Search for msoe50.inf(The default location is C:\Windows\Inf folder) Right click the Msoe50.inf file, and click
> Install. Insert XP CD when prompted, Browse to the I386 folder, click Open, then OK.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9F5FF84-9772-48A6-8B81-99B9E0114D2A@microsoft.com...
> >I keep getting "the ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link
> > library MAPI32.DLL". Can onyone tell me how I can correct this problem
> > without restoring my entire Windows XP Home Edition software? Thanks for
> > your help!
>

> Mark: Followed your instructions regarding Outloook Express and was asked to insert Service Pac 2 CD. Service Pac 2 was downloaded with auto updates. I don't have CD and it would take 4-6 weeks to get it. Is there any other step I can take to resolve error message and fix mail?? Thanks! Ken

You may be prompted to insert a Windows XP Professional CD when you run the System File Checker tool in Windows XP Home Edition:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;897128

--
Mark L. Ferguson