My New Visiontek has TV out, but it doesn't work

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just recieved my new Visiontek geforce 3 yesterday and its TV out doesn't work, I can't click the option to enable it. Have any of you gotten yours to work? if so I'd like to know how or else I may be returning this and getting an asus geforce 3. Gameing performance is awesome in Tribes 2, and pretty good in Half-life engine as well (I think sub par half life performance is because its an old engine not supporting super high frames in 1280X960)

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Gee, wish I had a Geforce 3. Do you have the latest drivers installed? Maybe the TV out is disabled at the driver level.

=
<font color=green><i>Can't get it to work? Try smacking it with a hammer.</i></font color=green>

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Sounds like a driver problem...

Are you using the Visiontek drivers that came with it? Those should have support for tv out.

If you're using the Nvidia reference drivers you won't be able to use that feature. Performance or features.... touch choice eh?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
This problem has been anoying me for quite some time with a Powercolor MX card-the only way TV-Out is enabled at startup is if the monitor is unhooked! Try using only the TV-out at boot! IF it works, you'll be really pissed off like me-you can probably enable it in Windows also in dual mode, but WIAT, ther's MORE-you will NOT be able to display DVD movies to the television through the TV-out because of an agreement several software manufacturers have made with Macrovision!

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I have an AIW that does the same thing, if I don't have the resolution set up right. Try putting your resolution down to 800-600 or less, that format is OK for TV out, any hireer and a TV can't display it.

If it works for you then don't fix it.