XP crashes and restarts - please help

Hello. I have problem with crashes. At the beginning I thought I have it
only whne I am using a special program. Now I saw I may have it even
when I am not doing anything special - like reading a webpage.
However, the main problem is when I am running Adobe Encore DVD - that
program runs for a long while. Everytime it crashes (I mean win XP
crashes with a blue screen). I have checked the event logger that what
it says:
0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x86764ec0, 0x86764f60, 0x0a140014) but most of
the time I get the following:
0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x804c6c2f, 0xf3e1cb30, 0x00000000).

I have searched web and found that I should try to do the following:
to change DisablePagingExecutive value from 0 to 1.
I have done it, and tried to run Encore. At the same point I got the
following reason for OS failure: 0x1000000a (0x000005c4, 0x000000ff,
0x00000001, 0x804db8ca).

I really don't know what to do. I have to finish the DVD REALLY SOON
and I can't create the image. Please please please help me (to
reinstall windows is not an option - I can't ensure that the DVD
project will not be deleted and I can't backup 55GB).
Anyone can help?

Thank you all in advance.

--
Leonid Raskin
Leonid Raskin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=8045

    Leonid Raskin Wrote:
    > Hello. I have problem with crashes. At the beginning I thought I have it
    > only whne I am using a special program. Now I saw I may have it even
    > when I am not doing anything special - like reading a webpage.
    > However, the main problem is when I am running Adobe Encore DVD - that
    > program runs for a long while. Everytime it crashes (I mean win XP
    > crashes with a blue screen).

    My rig used to do this randomly, too (or so it seemed). It turned out
    that because I had two 512MB sticks of RAM by two different
    manufacturers and they apparently didn't like each other. I removed the
    generic stick and kept my Crucial Technology RAM in and the problem went
    away. That may not fix your system but it may give you a place to start.
    Also, try rolling back your video card driver or update it to a newer
    version.

    Good Luck,
    ION

    --