Offline Files....can't stop sync on non existant drive!

Okay, the drive that I had setup for offline files is no longer availiable
and never will be again. Trouble is Windows keeps trying to sync with the
drive. I even unchecked the box, deleted the files, but it still tries to
sync and the files are still there! How can I REMOVE the sync?
3 answers Last reply
More about offline files stop sync existant drive

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:42:02 -0700, C.R. wrote:

    > Okay, the drive that I had setup for offline files is no longer availiable
    > and never will be again. Trouble is Windows keeps trying to sync with the
    > drive. I even unchecked the box, deleted the files, but it still tries to
    > sync and the files are still there! How can I REMOVE the sync?

    What box did you uncheck? The one in the Synchronization Wizard (Start>
    (All) Programs> Accessories> Synchronize)?

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    I was able to "fix" it by logging in locally as an Administrator, navigating
    to the folder where the files are stored and manually deleting them. Since I
    did that, I have had no issues.

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:26:03 -0700, C.R. wrote:

    > I was able to "fix" it by logging in locally as an Administrator, navigating
    > to the folder where the files are stored and manually deleting them. Since I
    > did that, I have had no issues.

    Great and thanks for the feedback telling how you finally fixed this.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Support Microsoft Windows XP