"My Computer" Problem

When I click on "my computer"/"control panel"/"recycle bin" and a couple of
other items on my desktop, they open for a few seconds, then my screen
reverts to my wallpaper only, immediately followed by return to my desktop.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about computer problem

    The shell is crashing. See here for the solution:

    Can't access Windows Explorer, Control Panel et al.
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=80536

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "lyssaamber" <lyssaamber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I click on "my computer"/"control panel"/"recycle bin" and a couple
    > of
    > other items on my desktop, they open for a few seconds, then my screen
    > reverts to my wallpaper only, immediately followed by return to my
    > desktop.
    > Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?

Desktops Computers Windows XP