I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P32 digital camera, and a 256mb LEXAR
Media memory stick. When I try to copy the pictures off of the camera
onto my computer, I get an error saying something like "File Read
Error" Does anyone know what this is caused by? Also, when I try to
view the pictures on my camera, it freezes. Is there some free
program that i can download to get the pictures off of the camera?
They are very important.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Digital-Camera-ftopict400468.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1323836

"rcracingfan24" wrote:
> I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P32 digital camera, and a 256mb
> LEXAR Media memory stick. When I try to copy the pictures off
> of the camera onto my computer, I get an error saying
> something like "File Read Error" Does anyone know what this
> is caused by? Also, when I try to view the pictures on my
> camera, it freezes. Is there some free program that i can
> download to get the pictures off of the camera? They are very
> important.

Hello? Anyone gonna help me?

johnf

Two things come to mind that need clarifying first.
1. You say - "I get an error saying something like" - it would help if you
posted exactly what it says.
2. You didn't specify as to whether the camera is new or not. If it is new,
did you install the software that came with the camera correctly?
And no, all cameras have unique software supplied with them - have you
checked the Sony website for a possible upgrade?
--

johnf

"" wrote:
> Two things come to mind that need clarifying first.
> 1. You say - "I get an error saying something like" - it would
> help if you
> posted exactly what it says.
> 2. You didn't specify as to whether the camera is new or not.
> If it is new,
> did you install the software that came with the camera
> correctly?
> And no, all cameras have unique software supplied with them -
> have you
> checked the Sony website for a possible upgrade?
> --
>
> johnf
>
> >I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P32 digital camera, and a 256mb
> LEXAR
> > Media memory stick. When I try to copy the pictures off of
> the camera
> > onto my computer, I get an error saying something like "File
> Read
> > Error" Does anyone know what this is caused by? Also, when
> I try to
> > view the pictures on my camera, it freezes. Is there some
> free
> > program that i can download to get the pictures off of the
> camera?
> > They are very important.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request Articles individually checked for conformance to
> usenet
> > standards Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Digital-Camera-ftopict400468.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1323836

1. I cant exactly remember what it said, it was on my bro’s cpu,
and, actually im pretty sure it sed "File Sector Error" I think it is
something wrong with the memory stick.

2. It is a yr. old, and I was using windows explorer, not the software
that cam e with it.

3. No, there are some programs that can do digital photo recovery, I
have found them, but they cost money, and I want a free version. The
demos showed the pictures, but won’t let me copy them to my cpu.

P.S. I’ll try copying again tomorrow, and see if the same error
comes up.

johnf

I posted a reply over an hour ago!! Be patient.

--

johnf

> "rcracingfan24" wrote:
>> I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P32 digital camera, and a 256mb
>> LEXAR Media memory stick. When I try to copy the pictures off
>> of the camera onto my computer, I get an error saying
>> something like "File Read Error" Does anyone know what this
>> is caused by? Also, when I try to view the pictures on my
>> camera, it freezes. Is there some free program that i can
>> download to get the pictures off of the camera? They are very
>> important.
>
> Hello? Anyone gonna help me?

johnf

Good. Give some positive feedback.
Do you have some other poblem? e.g. your post says "bro’s" ??

--

johnf

> "" wrote:
>> Two things come to mind that need clarifying first.
>> 1. You say - "I get an error saying something like" - it would
>> help if you
>> posted exactly what it says.
>> 2. You didn't specify as to whether the camera is new or not.
>> If it is new,
>> did you install the software that came with the camera
>> correctly?
>> And no, all cameras have unique software supplied with them -
>> have you
>> checked the Sony website for a possible upgrade?
>> --
>>
>> johnf
>>
>> >I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P32 digital camera, and a 256mb
>> LEXAR
>> > Media memory stick. When I try to copy the pictures off of
>> the camera
>> > onto my computer, I get an error saying something like "File
>> Read
>> > Error" Does anyone know what this is caused by? Also, when
>> I try to
>> > view the pictures on my camera, it freezes. Is there some
>> free
>> > program that i can download to get the pictures off of the
>> camera?
>> > They are very important.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
>> > request Articles individually checked for conformance to
>> usenet
>> > standards Topic URL:
>> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Digital-Camera-ftopict400468.html
>> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
>> abuse:
>> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1323836
>
> 1. I cant exactly remember what it said, it was on my bro’s cpu,
> and, actually im pretty sure it sed "File Sector Error" I think it is
> something wrong with the memory stick.
>
> 2. It is a yr. old, and I was using windows explorer, not the software
> that cam e with it.
>
> 3. No, there are some programs that can do digital photo recovery, I
> have found them, but they cost money, and I want a free version. The
> demos showed the pictures, but won’t let me copy them to my cpu.
>
> P.S. I’ll try copying again tomorrow, and see if the same error
> comes up.

vinCe

On 26 Jul 2005 22:36:05 -0400, rcracingfan24
<UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>I have a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P32 digital camera, and a 256mb LEXAR
>Media memory stick. When I try to copy the pictures off of the camera
>onto my computer, I get an error saying something like "File Read
>Error" Does anyone know what this is caused by? Also, when I try to
>view the pictures on my camera, it freezes. Is there some free
>program that i can download to get the pictures off of the camera?
>They are very important.

As I understand your problem, you are attempting to download photo
files while the memory stick is in the P32. The camera's interface
might be at fault or the memory stick is at fault. Therefore, isolate
the memory stick from the camera.

Remove the memory stick and try it in a friend's SONY camera or in
some memory stick reader, such as at the local CVS/Walgreen drug
store. If another camera can read the memory stick (display on its
LCD screen) or if the photo files can be read by a store's memory
stick reading device, then the camera is at fault, not the memory
stick.

Also, you might want to try another memory stick in your P32 camera.

Since the playback freezes, I suspect that the memory stick is faulty,
rather than your camera. But that is just a guess.

Good luck.