Acer Crash, Now Slow. Registry Issue Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinnyjinxed

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Laptop Details: Got: 3 years ago
Model: Acer 532 Aspire
Running: Windows 7 Home Premium
My I.T. Knowledge - NONE!

Last night my laptop froze. I pushed & held down the power button. It shut off. Took ages to reboot, & so my brother said crash it again.

It rebooted & tried to run a syster start up repair but brother reached over & crashed it again!

This time it took longer to load, & then ran a disk check. I. Took over 90mins ater that to reboot & load the desktop, but everything is so slow & every other second says "Not Responding" for a minute. I don't know what to do.

I don't want to factory reset it, as I have Amnesia & my life is on it. Unfortunately after my finances ran out, while unemployed, I cancelled my online backup, & was due to resume next month due to a new job. I also have a specific 3yr old log in access point on there to an online game I play, that isn't available to download anymore as its old but is perfect for me. I don't want to lose it, & upgrade as the upgrade didn't work so well on my computer.

I think the forced crashes corrupted the registry, but I'm just guessing. Is there anything I can do?

MotherFerJones

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
you could download CCleaner from piriform.com, and run the registry cleaner if you think its the registry. Personally I think you HDD (Hard Disk Drive) is about to bite the dust. I would resume your backups as soon as possible.

Jinnyjinxed

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Running Carbonite Backup since you replied...so far, running all the time (shut off sleep mode) its backed up 5%. At this rate its going to take 40days. Lol. Nothing else is running on the laptop.
3 questions:
Is it worth trying a rollback restore to an earlier date? If so can I do this before backup is complete as I've not put photos on here for a while?
I'm on a wifi connection, a distance away from the router, would a stronger signal make a difference to the download(backup) speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS