voicemail number

myself

Quick question. What is that # that goes straight to Nextel voicemail.
(areacode)-something-MAIL, right?

Mike

Splendid

In article <c9fves$15jk$1@spnode25.nerdc.ufl.edu>, email@domain.com
says...
> Quick question. What is that # that goes straight to Nextel voicemail.
> (areacode)-something-MAIL, right?

In some areas you could/can dial (area code)-xxx-MAIL, where xxx is
the first three digits of a local Nextel number.

I understand that, xxx-MAIL has been or will be phased out. The
number portability issues make it impractical for Nextel to own
every xxx-MAIL number in every area code.

In message <<MPG.1b257d7e892e773998968a@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net>> Mike
<noyb@noyb.com> did ramble:

>> Quick question. What is that # that goes straight to Nextel voicemail.
>> (areacode)-something-MAIL, right?
>>

>In some areas you could/can dial (area code)-xxx-MAIL, where xxx is
>the first three digits of a local Nextel number.
>
>I understand that, xxx-MAIL has been or will be phased out. The
>number portability issues make it impractical for Nextel to own
>every xxx-MAIL number in every area code.

What an odd response... Obviously Nextel can't offer NXX-MAIL on banks
of numbers they don't own, but it seems odd to drop it as an existing
number.

In the case of TELUS Mobility, they offer NXX-MAIL on one NXX per
calling area, this seems more then reasonable.

--
"NEWS SERVERS ARE NOT POWER BY HAMSTERS"
-- rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski

Also try xxx-PAGE (xxx = any local Nextel prefix), which is for
numeric paging. Follow the prompts. May not work in all markets.