Toshiba recovery disk l775-s7111

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer53725

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I am looking for a recovery disk for a Toshiba Satellite L775-s7111 Any suggestions? You can contact me at mrein@kc.rr.com Thanks!

Mark

drummer53725

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I called Toshba. Not only do they want to charge me 29.99 but I have to wait 7 to 10 business days for them to mail me the disk. No download available. I am looking for a faster solution (especially if I have to pay for software I just paid for when purchasing the laptop new at Best Buy 6 months ago). Very frustrating! Not hard to see why Best Buy is going out of business... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please remove your email address so that you do not get email-spammed.

Is your laptop bootable to Windows? If so, Toshiba probably has included a program in Windows to make recovery disks.

If not (0r also) there is probably a recovery partition that let's you restore the o/s to factory image. Sometimes when you press the F8 key on booting up, there is an option to restore to factory settings. it may be another key when booting up for Toshiba. Sometimes it can be F12 or F10

Instructions

Boot to Recovery Partition

Turn your Toshiba computer off and unplug all of the cables except for the power cable, monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Hold down the "0" key on your Toshiba computer keyboard.

Restart your Toshiba computer. The Toshiba Recovery Wizard will be displayed. Through the Toshiba Recovery Wizard you can use the recovery partition on your Toshiba laptop hard drive to restore your computer to its original factory settings

Hi :)

This is not best buys fault, its either Toshiba's or yours....

With some lappies you GET recovery discs, with some YOU are asked to create them first time it boots....and you obviously did not...

There is no way around this...you will have to pay and wait...

All the best Brett :)

Hi :)

WHICH original disc as the Tosh ones you create have ALL the other drivers as part of them...

All the best Brett :)

drummer53725

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks Danny. I am going to try to recover on the old disk (switched them out and see if I can make a recovery disk and then insall my new drive. If not, I will use this link. Thanks everyone for all of your help. I will let you know how it works. It trying to recover factory defaul settings with the original disk now. Hopefully, the disk will limp along enough to make a recovery disk...

Status
Not open for further replies.