2 questions one blue screen and one restore related

a few weeks ago i managed to get a virus no biggie ended up having to wipe my
c: drive to get rid of the thing. no big deal after reinstalling a my stuff i
started getting blue screened. it started happening more and more frequently
as time went on didn't even matter what program was running figured i might
have installed the wrong driver for my video card. seemed to be the right one
though. tried to get rid of the old one with no luck the thing kept coming
back so tried to do a restore and wipe the drive again and start over again.
this time i got a blue screen during the restore. tried booting from the cd
and the same thing keep getting the blue screen. each time it seems to be a
different reason like once was ati2mtax file another was some other sys file
.. am begining to wonder if it might be my ram or some other memory problem
instead. any help would be greatly appreciated and i have several minidumps
available (64k each).
i also can try to install a clean copy on d: drive and see what transpires
but will wait a bit on that to see what is suggested

Hi

ati2mtax would suggest a graphics card problem. Could you please email me
the minidump files - not to the News Group.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User