Battlefield 1942 keeps crashing?

wcowper

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
Battlefield 1942 kept crashing in both Windows 98 and Windows 2000 - I took my virus software off applied patch 1.1 & reinstalled everything again and again.New drivers the works!!

Didn't have a clue what it was that was causing the problems.
By chance changed my memory for CL2 memory (DDR RAM) - hey presto instant stability!

Battlefield 1942 seems to be sensitive to memory timings I would say - if you get the same problems as me change your ram to cl2.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
bf was crashing like crazy for me too when i first installed it... later that day i formatted my comp and reinstalled. Now it works great. The only problem with bf (which i've had all along no matter the OS) is that i cannot "add" any text at all in the IP field when you click the "add server button". How ever I can modify the port field. wtf?

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bf was crashing like crazy for me too when i first installed it... later that day i formatted my comp and reinstalled. Now it works great. The only problem with bf (which i've had all along no matter the OS) is that i cannot "add" any text at all in the IP field when you click the "add server button". How ever I can modify the port field. wtf?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had & have the EXACT SAME problems as you! =(.
Still haven't found a fix though.

Here's a little fyi though, there's a glitch where bf won't run (crashes after splash screen) if you try to run the game in a refresh rate >60Hz, with the new 1.2 patch you CAN run in a faster refresh rate, but you have to change your VideoDefault.con file to have a 1 infront of "renderer.allowAllRefreshRates".

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
LOL. What a surprice. You have the EXACT same problem as yourself :lol:

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
roflmgdmfao

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"