700-m Catch 22

I just got my 700-m and want to read the Owner's Manual. The icon is on my
desktop, but it appears to be a pdf file and there isn't an Acrobat reader
on the system.

Thaniks, Allen
5 answers Last reply
More about catch

    "Carol and Allen Bredt" <abredt22@Xsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I just got my 700-m and want to read the Owner's Manual. The icon is on my
    >desktop, but it appears to be a pdf file and there isn't an Acrobat reader
    >on the system.
    >
    > Thaniks, Allen

    Download the free Adobe Acrobat reader here

    SteveR

    Carol and Allen Bredt wrote:

    > I just got my 700-m and want to read the Owner's Manual. The icon is on my
    > desktop, but it appears to be a pdf file and there isn't an Acrobat reader
    > on the system.

    Why is that a catch-22? You don't need the manual to download Reader.

    Bob

    When you spec the system prior to ordering, you get to choose whether you
    want Adobe Reader 6.0 installed...........

    WSZsr wrote:

    > When you spec the system prior to ordering, you get to choose whether you
    > want Adobe Reader 6.0 installed...........

    Just a side note... Reader is now up to version 7.01, and can be downloaded
    at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

    Notan

    Notan wrote:
    > WSZsr wrote:
    >
    >>When you spec the system prior to ordering, you get to choose whether you
    >>want Adobe Reader 6.0 installed...........
    >

    > Just a side note... Reader is now up to version 7.01, and can be downloaded
    > at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
    >
    > Notan
    Also note that there are alternative readers besides Adobe. I prefer
    the alternatives because they don't force you to use any of the embedded
    scripting (which can be used to track who opens a PDF, etc.) and they
    work with Post Script. One for Windows is called Ghost View; under
    Linux there's ggv, kpdf, & gpdf (amongst others). Also if you want to
    save to PDF, the current version of OpenOffice (a free Microsoft Office
    alternative) allows you to do so.

Dell Computers