Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

700-m Catch 22

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:17:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I just got my 700-m and want to read the Owner's Manual. The icon is on my
desktop, but it appears to be a pdf file and there isn't an Acrobat reader
on the system.

Thaniks, Allen

More about : 700 catch

May 18, 2005 2:17:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Carol and Allen Bredt" <abredt22@Xsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
news:44uie.15461$887.8981@tornado.socal.rr.com...
>I just got my 700-m and want to read the Owner's Manual. The icon is on my
>desktop, but it appears to be a pdf file and there isn't an Acrobat reader
>on the system.
>
> Thaniks, Allen
>

Download the free Adobe Acrobat reader here
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

SteveR
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:34:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Carol and Allen Bredt wrote:

> I just got my 700-m and want to read the Owner's Manual. The icon is on my
> desktop, but it appears to be a pdf file and there isn't an Acrobat reader
> on the system.

Why is that a catch-22? You don't need the manual to download Reader.

Bob
Related resources
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 4:51:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

When you spec the system prior to ordering, you get to choose whether you
want Adobe Reader 6.0 installed...........

"Carol and Allen Bredt" <abredt22@Xsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
news:44uie.15461$887.8981@tornado.socal.rr.com...
>I just got my 700-m and want to read the Owner's Manual. The icon is on my
>desktop, but it appears to be a pdf file and there isn't an Acrobat reader
>on the system.
>
> Thaniks, Allen
>
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 4:51:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

WSZsr wrote:
>
> When you spec the system prior to ordering, you get to choose whether you
> want Adobe Reader 6.0 installed...........

Just a side note... Reader is now up to version 7.01, and can be downloaded
at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

Notan
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 7:22:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Notan wrote:
> WSZsr wrote:
>
>>When you spec the system prior to ordering, you get to choose whether you
>>want Adobe Reader 6.0 installed...........
>
>
> Just a side note... Reader is now up to version 7.01, and can be downloaded
> at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
>
> Notan
Also note that there are alternative readers besides Adobe. I prefer
the alternatives because they don't force you to use any of the embedded
scripting (which can be used to track who opens a PDF, etc.) and they
work with Post Script. One for Windows is called Ghost View; under
Linux there's ggv, kpdf, & gpdf (amongst others). Also if you want to
save to PDF, the current version of OpenOffice (a free Microsoft Office
alternative) allows you to do so.
!