Radeon 32MB DDR

PortVale

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have recently purchased an ATI Radeon 32MB DDR. It is ruuning very well, but Direct3D games such as Motocross Madness 2, Tomb Raider Chronicles are very dark. Quake 3 which uses OpenGL is fine and I can adjust the brightness from within Quake 3. There is no facility on the other two games to adjust brightness, gamma? The D3D box on the card's display properties has no facility to change brightness. If I increase the screen's brightness from the display properties, it brightens the desktop, but makes no difference to the games brightness. The only workaround I have found is to increase brightness using the monitor's controls, but that is a pain having to do that everytime I play such a game. My old card, a 3DFX V3 2000 had seperate options in display properties to adjust brightness for the desktop, OpenGL & D3D. I have searched the ATI website, but cannot find any mention of this problem.
Help, Please!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
PowerStrip3 you will be able to adjust the Gamma and Brightness/contrast any color by hotkeys or predetermine settings that you set inside of PowerStrip. It works really good.