Limited account

I'm trying to change our user account from Limited account back to default
settings.
--
Ben Martinez
7 answers Last reply

    "Ben Martinez" <BenMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to change our user account from Limited account back to default
    > settings.
    > --
    > Ben Martinez

    There is no "default" type of account. If you mean you are trying to change
    a limited account to an Administrator account, then you need to log on using
    an account with administrator privileges to do so.
    What version of XP are you using?

    I'm using XP Pro, problem is I don't know how to get to the administrator
    account.
    --
    R,
    Ben Martinez

    > I'm using XP Pro, problem is I don't know how to get to the administrator
    > account.

    At the Welcome Screen, press Ctl-Alt-Del twice. This should bring up the
    W2K-style log in box. Type "administrator" (without the quotes) in the User
    box, and put in whatever password you have.

    HTH

    That did it! Thank you very much. One more question, why is in Users, when
    I try and change the way users log on or off, it tells me Client services for
    NetWare need to be disabled and Client services needs to be disabled.
    --
    Ben Martinez

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:46:10 -0700, Ben Martinez wrote:

    > That did it! Thank you very much. One more question, why is in Users, when
    > I try and change the way users log on or off, it tells me Client services for
    > NetWare need to be disabled and Client services needs to be disabled.

    Ben, most home computers do not need Netware services unless you
    periodically connect to a network that uses the Netware protocol. To remove
    this, right click an icon in Network Connections. If a list of protocols
    are displayed, highlight the listing for Netware then click the Uninstall
    button. Repeat for each icon in this area. You may need to restart. Then go
    back to changing how users log on and off. The Netware message should not
    appear.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    > That did it! Thank you very much. One more question, why is in Users,
    when
    > I try and change the way users log on or off, it tells me Client services
    for
    > NetWare need to be disabled and Client services needs to be disabled.

    Glad the first has been sorted - I'm afraid the last is beyond my knowledge!

    Much appreciated!
    --
    V/R,
    Ben Martinez

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > "Ben Martinez" <BenMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > That did it! Thank you very much. One more question, why is in Users,
    > when
    > > I try and change the way users log on or off, it tells me Client services
    > for
    > > NetWare need to be disabled and Client services needs to be disabled.
    >
    > Glad the first has been sorted - I'm afraid the last is beyond my knowledge!

Default Support Microsoft Windows XP