Limited account

July 27, 2005 6:16:01 AM

I'm trying to change our user account from Limited account back to default
settings.
--
Ben Martinez

More about : limited account

July 27, 2005 2:52:24 PM

"Ben Martinez" <BenMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to change our user account from Limited account back to default
> settings.
> --
> Ben Martinez

There is no "default" type of account. If you mean you are trying to change
a limited account to an Administrator account, then you need to log on using
an account with administrator privileges to do so.
What version of XP are you using?
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:52:25 PM

I'm using XP Pro, problem is I don't know how to get to the administrator
account.
--
R,
Ben Martinez

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Ben Martinez" <BenMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to change our user account from Limited account back to default
> > settings.
> > --
> > Ben Martinez
>
> There is no "default" type of account. If you mean you are trying to change
> a limited account to an Administrator account, then you need to log on using
> an account with administrator privileges to do so.
> What version of XP are you using?

Related resources
July 27, 2005 3:14:51 PM

> I'm using XP Pro, problem is I don't know how to get to the administrator
> account.

At the Welcome Screen, press Ctl-Alt-Del twice. This should bring up the
W2K-style log in box. Type "administrator" (without the quotes) in the User
box, and put in whatever password you have.

HTH
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:14:52 PM

That did it! Thank you very much. One more question, why is in Users, when
I try and change the way users log on or off, it tells me Client services for
NetWare need to be disabled and Client services needs to be disabled.
--
Ben Martinez

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Ben Martinez" <BenMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using XP Pro, problem is I don't know how to get to the administrator
> > account.
>
> At the Welcome Screen, press Ctl-Alt-Del twice. This should bring up the
> W2K-style log in box. Type "administrator" (without the quotes) in the User
> box, and put in whatever password you have.
>
> HTH

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:14:53 PM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 03:46:10 -0700, Ben Martinez wrote:

> That did it! Thank you very much. One more question, why is in Users, when
> I try and change the way users log on or off, it tells me Client services for
> NetWare need to be disabled and Client services needs to be disabled.

Ben, most home computers do not need Netware services unless you
periodically connect to a network that uses the Netware protocol. To remove
this, right click an icon in Network Connections. If a list of protocols
are displayed, highlight the listing for Netware then click the Uninstall
button. Repeat for each icon in this area. You may need to restart. Then go
back to changing how users log on and off. The Netware message should not
appear.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

> That did it! Thank you very much. One more question, why is in Users,
when
> I try and change the way users log on or off, it tells me Client services
for
> NetWare need to be disabled and Client services needs to be disabled.

Glad the first has been sorted - I'm afraid the last is beyond my knowledge!
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:16:21 PM

Much appreciated!
--