XP sp2 and running Javascript

Ok..........

The problem is this................

I cannot open ANY javascript windows even after changing various settings
within XP sp2. Including replying to posts on this forum.

I manage a web site for a friend and in the database it has a link for
uploading pictures. This is also a javascript window. I cannot open this
window either.

If there is a pop up blocker where can I find it?

If there is a setting in IE where can I find it?

I didnt have this problem until I upgraded to sp2!!

I am tempted ro roll back to remove sp2!!

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E499E133-1734-40CA-8BCE-0463B61E8086@microsoft.com,
inland_lad <inlandlad@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Ok..........
>
> The problem is this................
>
> I cannot open ANY javascript windows even after changing various
> settings within XP sp2. Including replying to posts on this forum.
>
> I manage a web site for a friend and in the database it has a link for
> uploading pictures. This is also a javascript window. I cannot open
> this window either.
>
> If there is a pop up blocker where can I find it?
>
> If there is a setting in IE where can I find it?
>
> I didnt have this problem until I upgraded to sp2!!
>
> I am tempted ro roll back to remove sp2!!
>
> Any help gratefully received
>
> Thanks

First add the site to your trusted zone. Open IE, click on the security tab,
and add it. While you're in there you can disable the options for using the
popup stopper (built into IE) in the trusted zone if it's already enabled.
Alternatively, open IE, click tools > popup blocker > click on change
settings...

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes