Sign in with
Your question

Windows F'ing Hates me!

Last response: in Windows 7
July 15, 2010 3:33:26 AM

So I finally get an "Authentic" (see previous post of my nightmare) of windows 7 ultimate retail.

Long story short, I go to install Windows 7 ultimate retail 64bit over windows XP Pro SP3 32bit and every damn time it installs it says it see's win XP, only problem is when I try to boot into XP it is missing a kernel file so I try to reboot and go into windows 7 and say d' damn stuff.

I ran the repair utility off of the win7 disc like the screen said and it will boot into win7 but if I take out the install dvd and reboot it again I get the same error over and over and it wants to repair it again???

Status oxc0000225

This BS keeps up and I swear I'm swearing off windows for life!

More about : windows ing hates

July 15, 2010 3:59:44 AM

BTW: i read where some have corrected this by making a bios change to accept or include ACPI, but my bios (Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H rev 1.0) doesn't have that option and even if I updated the bios it wouldn't include it? Funny thing is when I got the bogus disc before it installed flawlessly, but that was in a dual boot setup on another drive?

I'm thinking my only option may be to install win7 on the other HDD then format the current C: HDD then do a fresh install? Anyone think this will work or be a total waste of time?

Thanks
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 15, 2010 4:10:23 AM

Are you looking to keep XP? You said you want to install over XP so I'm guessing that you don't care to keep it. I haven't installed Win7, is there some way to format/partition before you try installing? I think when you pick the drive to install to there is a more or expand button you can press that brings up the disk options. Look for that.
m
l
July 15, 2010 4:25:17 AM

4745454b said:
Are you looking to keep XP? You said you want to install over XP so I'm guessing that you don't care to keep it. I haven't installed Win7, is there some way to format/partition before you try installing? I think when you pick the drive to install to there is a more or expand button you can press that brings up the disk options. Look for that.

As you were replying I was doing that exact thing, for some reason I had thought I already did that, guess not? it's up and running now :) . Thanks for the reply!
m
l
!