Windows F'ing Hates me!

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
So I finally get an "Authentic" (see previous post of my nightmare) of windows 7 ultimate retail.

Long story short, I go to install Windows 7 ultimate retail 64bit over windows XP Pro SP3 32bit and every damn time it installs it says it see's win XP, only problem is when I try to boot into XP it is missing a kernel file so I try to reboot and go into windows 7 and say d' damn stuff.

I ran the repair utility off of the win7 disc like the screen said and it will boot into win7 but if I take out the install dvd and reboot it again I get the same error over and over and it wants to repair it again???

Status oxc0000225

This BS keeps up and I swear I'm swearing off windows for life!

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
BTW: i read where some have corrected this by making a bios change to accept or include ACPI, but my bios (Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H rev 1.0) doesn't have that option and even if I updated the bios it wouldn't include it? Funny thing is when I got the bogus disc before it installed flawlessly, but that was in a dual boot setup on another drive?

I'm thinking my only option may be to install win7 on the other HDD then format the current C: HDD then do a fresh install? Anyone think this will work or be a total waste of time?

Thanks

4745454b

Titan
Are you looking to keep XP? You said you want to install over XP so I'm guessing that you don't care to keep it. I haven't installed Win7, is there some way to format/partition before you try installing? I think when you pick the drive to install to there is a more or expand button you can press that brings up the disk options. Look for that.

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006

As you were replying I was doing that exact thing, for some reason I had thought I already did that, guess not? it's up and running now :). Thanks for the reply!

TRENDING THREADS