Arcade repair needed in NJ for Exidy Crossbow Cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have an Exidy Crossbow/Cheyenne cab that I can't get to fvlly work.

Seems ever since the cab was moved and the monitor blew (since replaced),
I've had issves.

1. No sovnd. The sovnd board was tested by Elektron Forge to be in working
order. Replaced speakers, wires, and connector to pcb. Get nothing bvt a
griding sovnd (like vsing sandpaper). There was a sovnd problem before I
bovght it.

2. Start bvttons won't register for gameplay. Very flaky. Sometimes it
works, other times it does not.

3. Gvn won't register shots. Optical pcb repaired. Might be a monitor
setting, since it worked before it blew.

These might be simple fixes, might not

Please let me yovr rate.

I'm in Union, NJ

E-mail: cmjb13@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Sorry I'm not nearby, but maybe I can assist remotely.

The first 2 sound like ground problems. Check all connections for
broken wires.

For the gun, you need to go into test mode. To get there, the start
butten needs to be held down while the game is powered up. Go into gun
adjustment mode, and see how the screen looks. There should be a white
background with an orange square. If it's not showing up, or the screen
is all out of whack, you need to adjust the potientometer on the
optical sensor, or adjust the distance from the optical sensor to the
screen.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rob

What does the gun adjustment screen look like when you are in there?
Can you see the orange square at all?

Rob

Already tried adjusting the settings in the test menu. Nothing seems to
work.

Anyways, original offer stands.

"Rob Williams" <iggins@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I'm not nearby, but maybe I can assist remotely.
>
> The first 2 sound like ground problems. Check all connections for
> broken wires.
>
> For the gun, you need to go into test mode. To get there, the start
> butten needs to be held down while the game is powered up. Go into gun
> adjustment mode, and see how the screen looks. There should be a white
> background with an orange square. If it's not showing up, or the screen
> is all out of whack, you need to adjust the potientometer on the
> optical sensor, or adjust the distance from the optical sensor to the
> screen.
>
> Hope this helps a bit.
>
> Rob

Orange Crosshair.