Can start WinXP....

I always get this error when trying to start up winXP

firstly it loads the startup for an awful amount of time then
afterwards it displays this blue screen error

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I checked microsoft’s troubleshooting guide and it says that it’s
possibly caused by a bad device driver or faulty RAM. I dunno if its a
faulty RAM, I have 3 pc133 sdrams installed (2) 128MB and (1) 256 MB
so that totals to a 512 MB memory. I used each one of them seperately
but my PC still didn’t boot and produce the same blue screen error.

Now if its a bad device driver that would be even harder to solve,
where should I start? how would I know which device to check? What’s
werid is tat it just started displaying the error out of nowhere, if
there is really a problem then I should have seen that blue screen
error the moment I installed that device or driver, why only now? My
PC has been functioning alright for the past weeks and I don’t
recall installing any new device/driver.

another thing.....

the troubleshooting guide also mentioned something about mismatched
RAM, what’s that?

thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-start-WinXP-ftopict401360.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1327470

Byte

Computer stops responding with "Stop 0x000000D1 Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817789
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the