Won't load xp professional due to

sen

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

-- Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
\windows\systems32\config\system

I have visited the support page for xp..but how am I suppose to use the
repair console when it won't load...and It says it put org disk in and push R
for repair, this does not work, and just keeps restarting...
I tried through safe mode to go back to last good config and it won't load
windows

Sometimes when I put escape with restarting it gives me the option to boot
with disk, and it starts withs the lines on the bottom but quiclkly goes back
to the error.....I am tempted to just give up and format,, but I guess i need
a prompt screen to do that???? Can anyone help me with this..pleaseeeeee..

best regards

†§Èц

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:C689889B-36BE-44C4-8A5A-A7130E0DA42C@microsoft.com,
Sen <geri2sen@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> -- Windows could not start because the following file is missing or
> corrupt \windows\systems32\config\system
>
> I have visited the support page for xp..but how am I suppose to use
> the repair console when it won't load...and It says it put org disk
> in and push R for repair, this does not work, and just keeps
> restarting...
> I tried through safe mode to go back to last good config and it won't
> load windows
>
> Sometimes when I put escape with restarting it gives me the option to
> boot with disk, and it starts withs the lines on the bottom but
> quiclkly goes back to the error.....I am tempted to just give up and
> format,, but I guess i need a prompt screen to do that???? Can
> anyone help me with this..pleaseeeeee..
>
> best regards
>

> ?§ÈÑ?

Make sure you're set to boot to CD... Use the XP Install CD...

Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD.
At the first R=Repair option, press the R key

This brings up the recovery console...

Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314058

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes