Bruce

In both XP Pro and Home I have computers that revert to the login screen when
there is no input for a period of time. How can I change this so it won't go
back to the login screen or how can I lengthen the time period required
before it reverts?
--
Bruce

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:DD1EE3DD-D6A9-4DF7-924A-5B5066ADEF23@microsoft.com,
Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> In both XP Pro and Home I have computers that revert to the login
> screen when there is no input for a period of time. How can I change
> this so it won't go back to the login screen or how can I lengthen
> the time period required before it reverts?

Start > run > type "control desktop" without the quotes > hit enter > click
the screen saver tab > untick the option to show the welcome screen on
resume.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Bruce

Galen,

Thanks. I would have never figured it out even though it appears simple.
--
Bruce

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:DD1EE3DD-D6A9-4DF7-924A-5B5066ADEF23@microsoft.com,
> Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > In both XP Pro and Home I have computers that revert to the login
> > screen when there is no input for a period of time. How can I change
> > this so it won't go back to the login screen or how can I lengthen
> > the time period required before it reverts?
>
> Start > run > type "control desktop" without the quotes > hit enter > click
> the screen saver tab > untick the option to show the welcome screen on
> resume.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:578F0769-899B-42B2-9068-4576826B1EB8@microsoft.com,
Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Galen,
>
> Thanks. I would have never figured it out even though it appears
> simple.
>
>> In news:DD1EE3DD-D6A9-4DF7-924A-5B5066ADEF23@microsoft.com,
>> Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>> In both XP Pro and Home I have computers that revert to the login
>>> screen when there is no input for a period of time. How can I
>>> change this so it won't go back to the login screen or how can I
>>> lengthen the time period required before it reverts?
>>
>> Start > run > type "control desktop" without the quotes > hit enter
>> > click the screen saver tab > untick the option to show the welcome
>> screen on resume.
>>
>> Galen

No worries, glad to know it worked for you. It's actually an often asked
question.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes