Frozen Desktop/Double Icons

The Desktop on my girlfriend's computer will no longer allow me to right
click on it or the icons in it. I can't change the wallpaper in
"Display" under "Control Pannel" either. Also, whenever a file or
shortcut is copied to the Desktop, two copies are created. When I
delete one copy, the other is deleted as well. I'm pretty sure there
is only one created in the directory, but two are shown. The computer
gets a lot of spyware because her brother and sister use the computer a
lot. I have run Microsoft AntiSpyware, Spybot, Adaware and Registry
Mechanic, but they didn't solve the problem. I have gone into the
registry and found keys like "NoRightClick, NoWallpaperChange..."
(about 8 alltogether, I don't remember their exact names) under
"Policies" and deleted them. This hasn't solved the problem either.
There are five user accounts on the computer and this problem occurs on
all of them. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

--
DaveD327

For the Desktop right-click issue, look for the "NoViewContextMenu" value
and set it to 0 in the registry. For the duplicate desktop icons issue,
follow the advice of David Candy:

Duplicate Icons in the Desktop - Windows 2000/XP:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/duplicatedesktop.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org