Search Companion Error

Good afternoon. When I try and use the Search Companion (Start, Search) and
enter the filename I am searching for and then click Search I get the
following error:

Search Companion
Unexpected Error
Action could not be completed.

That's it. That's all the info I get. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks very much.

--
Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

    In news:%23WNYE4tkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@mpl.on.ca> had this to say:

    > Good afternoon. When I try and use the Search Companion (Start,
    > Search) and enter the filename I am searching for and then click
    > Search I get the following error:
    >
    > Search Companion
    > Unexpected Error
    > Action could not be completed.
    >
    > That's it. That's all the info I get. Any idea what the problem
    > might be?
    > Thanks very much.

    Try this first I suppose:

    How Do I Re-Install The Search Companion:
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_reinstall_the_search_c.htm

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    I did try that first thing and it didn't help. Thanks anyway.

    > In news:%23WNYE4tkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@mpl.on.ca> had this to say:

    >> Good afternoon. When I try and use the Search Companion (Start,
    >> Search) and enter the filename I am searching for and then click
    >> Search I get the following error:
    >>
    >> Search Companion
    >> Unexpected Error
    >> Action could not be completed.
    >>
    >> That's it. That's all the info I get. Any idea what the problem
    >> might be?
    >> Thanks very much.
    >
    > Try this first I suppose:
    >
    > How Do I Re-Install The Search Companion:
    > http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_reinstall_the_search_c.htm
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
    > without them."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes

    Found the problem. This fixes it:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816665

    And I think it was because I didn't have Search Results ticked to show on
    the desktop in TweakUI.

    Thanks.

    "Colleen Gayle Lane" <colleen.lane@mpl.on.ca> wrote in message
    >I did try that first thing and it didn't help. Thanks anyway.
    >
    > "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> In news:%23WNYE4tkFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    >> Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@mpl.on.ca> had this to say:

    >>> Good afternoon. When I try and use the Search Companion (Start,
    >>> Search) and enter the filename I am searching for and then click
    >>> Search I get the following error:
    >>>
    >>> Search Companion
    >>> Unexpected Error
    >>> Action could not be completed.
    >>>
    >>> That's it. That's all the info I get. Any idea what the problem
    >>> might be?
    >>> Thanks very much.
    >>
    >> Try this first I suppose:
    >>
    >> How Do I Re-Install The Search Companion:
    >> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_reinstall_the_search_c.htm
    >>
    >> Galen
    >> --
    >>
    >> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
    >> without them."
    >>
    >> Sherlock Holmes

Support Microsoft Windows XP