Exactly WHAT KIND of MS Windows will pass inspection at Ge..

I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.

1- Will DSP pass ?
2- Will OEM pass ?
3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ? Ebay is
full of people selling Windows.

Thanks for your time in advance.
Steve
4 answers Last reply
More about exactly kind windows pass inspection

    "steve h." wrote:

    > I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.
    >
    > 1- Will DSP pass ?
    > 2- Will OEM pass ?
    > 3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ? Ebay is
    > full of people selling Windows.
    >
    > Thanks for your time in advance.
    > Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jul05/07-25WGA1PR.mspx

    the above url does not answer my questions

    You should purchase your software from a reputable company
    or a local software retailer. Do not purchase your software
    "used" or from auction-type web sites!

    Example of a good, reputable, online retailer:

    Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Service Pack 2 - OEM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102153

    Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102151

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    In article <436E9835-22E9-45DC-B183-B7ECD9DDD4DA@microsoft.com>,
    ugandasteve2470@ugandaexcite.com says...
    > I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.
    >
    > 1- Will DSP pass ?
    > 2- Will OEM pass ?

    I've just completed 18 workstations with XP Prof OEM purchased from a
    systems builder in Ohio.

    I have also done several from my Action Pack subscription without a
    problem.

    I have also validated several of my MSDN Universal without problem.

    > 3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ? Ebay is
    > full of people selling Windows.

    If you are not buying it from a location you can visit, then it's your
    risk.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    "steve h." <ugandasteve2470@ugandaexcite.com> wrote:

    >I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.
    >
    >1- Will DSP pass ?

    Yes.

    >2- Will OEM pass ?

    Yes.

    >3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ?

    Major chains. Long established local independent retailers (like me).

    > Ebay is
    >full of people selling Windows.

    eBay can be a snake pit. You need to be very cautions, especially
    when the vendor is in a different country.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP