Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Exactly WHAT KIND of MS Windows will pass inspection at Ge..

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
  • Product
July 27, 2005 5:01:07 PM

I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.

1- Will DSP pass ?
2- Will OEM pass ?
3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ? Ebay is
full of people selling Windows.

Thanks for your time in advance.
Steve

More about : kind windows pass inspection

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:15:06 PM

"steve h." wrote:

> I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.
>
> 1- Will DSP pass ?
> 2- Will OEM pass ?
> 3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ? Ebay is
> full of people selling Windows.
>
> Thanks for your time in advance.
> Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jul05/07-...

the above url does not answer my questions
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:40:22 PM

You should purchase your software from a reputable company
or a local software retailer. Do not purchase your software
"used" or from auction-type web sites!

Example of a good, reputable, online retailer:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Service Pack 2 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"steve h." wrote:

| I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.
|
| 1- Will DSP pass ?
| 2- Will OEM pass ?
| 3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ? Ebay is
| full of people selling Windows.
|
| Thanks for your time in advance.
| Steve
July 28, 2005 12:08:01 AM

In article <436E9835-22E9-45DC-B183-B7ECD9DDD4DA@microsoft.com>,
ugandasteve2470@ugandaexcite.com says...
> I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.
>
> 1- Will DSP pass ?
> 2- Will OEM pass ?

I've just completed 18 workstations with XP Prof OEM purchased from a
systems builder in Ohio.

I have also done several from my Action Pack subscription without a
problem.

I have also validated several of my MSDN Universal without problem.

> 3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ? Ebay is
> full of people selling Windows.

If you are not buying it from a location you can visit, then it's your
risk.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

"steve h." <ugandasteve2470@ugandaexcite.com> wrote:

>I know, the illegal stuff will not. Not my issue.
>
>1- Will DSP pass ?

Yes.

>2- Will OEM pass ?

Yes.

>3- Which retailers are 100% guaranteed to sell me legit Windows ?

Major chains. Long established local independent retailers (like me).

> Ebay is
>full of people selling Windows.

eBay can be a snake pit. You need to be very cautions, especially
when the vendor is in a different country.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP