removing a password from an XP account

Can I change an XP local account so a password is no longer required?
Norton Utilities used to require a password for LiveUpdate to work,
but that is no longer the case.

I'm guessing that if I go to user management, enter the old password
and then leave New and Confirm blank, that will work, but I wanted to
check before I broke something and locked myself out altogether.

Thanks.

Mike Christie
mike [at] csquared [dot] com
1 answer Last reply
More about removing password account

    that will work

    peterk

    the problem
    <Mike Christie> wrote in message
    > Can I change an XP local account so a password is no longer required?
    > Norton Utilities used to require a password for LiveUpdate to work,
    > but that is no longer the case.
    >
    > I'm guessing that if I go to user management, enter the old password
    > and then leave New and Confirm blank, that will work, but I wanted to
    > check before I broke something and locked myself out altogether.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > Mike Christie
    > mike [at] csquared [dot] com

Microsoft Windows XP