windows XP welcome screen with 2 users/administrators

ChrisC

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002

my welcome scree is not updating the fact that there are a number of unread
email messages next to either user id icon.

Have checked and rechecked in Outlook but there is no unread email message,
have exported all emails and reimported them back, they are all read but the
welcome screen still shows that we both have unread email messages. How do I
get this to refresh?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:F47F227F-8D78-4F67-92C1-00C904E9EFE4@microsoft.com,
chrisc <chrisc@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> my welcome scree is not updating the fact that there are a number of
> unread email messages next to either user id icon.
>
> Have checked and rechecked in Outlook but there is no unread email
> message, have exported all emails and reimported them back, they are
> all read but the welcome screen still shows that we both have unread
> email messages. How do I get this to refresh?

You might try this link in the forum - someone just asked recently... (It's
easier than typing it all back out.)

XP says I have four messages unread:
http://kgiii.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28

Galen