Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

With XP Pro SP-2 While deleting an account the process locked up ( I had
already clicked delete files). I used the task manager to close the control
panel. The user account still shows up however, when logging on error occurs
whwn serching for files. For some reason the files were deleted but the user
account still exits. I have tried deleting it several times but a lock up
continues.

Any suggestions?

Thank you Richard
--
Richard

I would try a Repair setup.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Richard" <zak@email.com> wrote in message news:83105B2D-C0A3-4BCC-818F-106D39BF737C@microsoft.com...
> With XP Pro SP-2 While deleting an account the process locked up ( I had
> already clicked delete files). I used the task manager to close the control
> panel. The user account still shows up however, when logging on error occurs
> whwn serching for files. For some reason the files were deleted but the user
> account still exits. I have tried deleting it several times but a lock up
> continues.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you Richard
> --
> Richard

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Unfortuneatly I did not use an upgrade CD but an SP-2 original disk. I will
l look into this further.

Thanks for the advise.

Richard
--