My JAL substitute???

There obviously is a need for software for i730 owners that wish to transfer
their own wallpaper and ringtones.

Why is it so F**** hard and cumbersome?

I downloaded My_JAL for a free 5 day experimental trial, but I got a message
that the software trial period had expired. I think the $5 registration fee
is very reasonable but how do I know its not another scam?

Email to my_jal@hotmail.com has gone unanswered.

I am willing to pay for a software, but I want it to work the first time and
every time. Is that being unreasonable???

There is supposedly an alternative posted at

http://www.nextelmodz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952

but I have no clue what this geek is saying............................

ANY HELP????????????????
11 answers Last reply
More about substitute
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Humble One wrote:
    > *There obviously is a need for software for i730 owners that wish to
    > transfer
    > their own wallpaper and ringtones.
    >
    > Why is it so F**** hard and cumbersome?
    >
    > I downloaded My_JAL for a free 5 day experimental trial, but I got a
    > message
    > that the software trial period had expired. I think the $5
    > registration fee
    > is very reasonable but how do I know its not another scam?
    >
    > Email to my_jal@hotmail.com has gone unanswered.
    >
    > I am willing to pay for a software, but I want it to work the first
    > time and
    > every time. Is that being unreasonable???
    >
    > There is supposedly an alternative posted at
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2rxyv
    >
    > but I have no clue what this geek is
    > saying............................
    >
    > ANY HELP???????????????? *

    lol...vinny is a genius for helping us with webjal! it's really
    awesome! i have used it and have had no problems. 'here is the link to
    his patcher' (http://tinyurl.com/386ce) i recommend that when you unzip
    the file that you unzip directly into a new folder on your desktop.
    this will hopefully eliminate runtime errors that others have had. just
    follow the directions exactly and type in what the pictures show.
    you'll dl apache, php, webjal (you might have to dl that from
    www.hofoufn.com because the link he has is for a site that is currently
    down. you'll find webjal .02 in the dl section at hofoufn....don't dl
    webjal .03 unless you use the registry updater that vinny has) then
    you'll apply the patch and install the certs! if you have
    problems...post them here and i'll help or others can!
    good luck

    --
    rdmiller

    if you wanna donate for unlocking after the service has been rendered
    that's cool. but if not, no worries i don't hold any grudges! my paypal
    addy is reecers@hotmail.com.
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t124311.html
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Jackie Busa wrote:
    > *It is not. I use my jal and love it. I load games, apps, ringers
    > and
    > wallpapers. It is the most user java app loader to date.. I am
    > waiting for
    > them ot upgrade it so I can load some stuff on my new i830.( i830 is
    > a sweet
    > little phone).
    >
    > Jackie
    >

    > www.eastcoasrtretail.com
    >
    > call for best prices.
    > FREE Shipping!!!
    >

    > *

    i already load on my 830 with the offline loader...you should give it a
    try. you can find the patch at nextelmodz under the user tutorial
    section!

    --
    rdmiller

    if you wanna donate for unlocking after the service has been rendered
    that's cool. but if not, no worries i don't hold any grudges! my paypal
    addy is reecers@hotmail.com.
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t124311.html
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Humble One" <nomail@meansnospam.com> wrote in message
    > There obviously is a need for software for i730 owners that wish to
    transfer
    > their own wallpaper and ringtones.
    >
    > Why is it so F**** hard and cumbersome?
    >
    > I downloaded My_JAL for a free 5 day experimental trial, but I got a
    message
    > that the software trial period had expired. I think the $5 registration
    fee
    > is very reasonable but how do I know its not another scam?
    >
    > Email to my_jal@hotmail.com has gone unanswered.
    >
    > I am willing to pay for a software, but I want it to work the first time
    and
    > every time. Is that being unreasonable???
    >
    > There is supposedly an alternative posted at
    >
    > http://www.nextelmodz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952
    >
    > but I have no clue what this geek is saying............................
    >
    > ANY HELP????????????????

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In article <kr9xc.169145$WA4.9474@twister.nyc.rr.com>, Jackie Busa
    <nospam.jackie@nospam.com> wrote:

    > It is not. I use my jal and love it. I load games, apps, ringers and
    > wallpapers. It is the most user java app loader to date.. I am waiting for
    > them ot upgrade it so I can load some stuff on my new i830.( i830 is a sweet
    > little phone).
    >
    > Jackie
    >

    > www.eastcoasrtretail.com
    >
    > call for best prices.
    > FREE Shipping!!!
    >

    > "Humble One" <nomail@meansnospam.com> wrote in message
    > > There obviously is a need for software for i730 owners that wish to
    > transfer
    > > their own wallpaper and ringtones.
    > >
    > > Why is it so F**** hard and cumbersome?
    > >
    > > I downloaded My_JAL for a free 5 day experimental trial, but I got a
    > message
    > > that the software trial period had expired. I think the $5 registration
    > fee
    > > is very reasonable but how do I know its not another scam?
    > >
    > > Email to my_jal@hotmail.com has gone unanswered.
    > >
    > > I am willing to pay for a software, but I want it to work the first time
    > and
    > > every time. Is that being unreasonable???
    > >
    > > There is supposedly an alternative posted at
    > >
    > > http://www.nextelmodz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952
    > >
    > > but I have no clue what this geek is saying............................
    > >
    > > ANY HELP????????????????

    MyJal registration is not a scam. In fact, they were very accomidating
    when the registration got messed up. I transposed characters, so the
    registration was wrong. I sent them the right code, they sent me the
    right registration.....
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Vinny's webJAL already supports the 830
    and as long as you follow the (very easy) directions on how to setup the
    webJAL server, you'll be set for life (well, at least for a little while)...
    Vinny's webJAL is free.. no $5 fee.

    " Jackie Busa" <nospam.jackie@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > It is not. I use my jal and love it. I load games, apps, ringers and
    > wallpapers. It is the most user java app loader to date.. I am waiting for
    > them ot upgrade it so I can load some stuff on my new i830.( i830 is a
    sweet
    > little phone).
    >
    > Jackie
    >

    > www.eastcoasrtretail.com
    >
    > call for best prices.
    > FREE Shipping!!!
    >

    > "Humble One" <nomail@meansnospam.com> wrote in message
    > > There obviously is a need for software for i730 owners that wish to
    > transfer
    > > their own wallpaper and ringtones.
    > >
    > > Why is it so F**** hard and cumbersome?
    > >
    > > I downloaded My_JAL for a free 5 day experimental trial, but I got a
    > message
    > > that the software trial period had expired. I think the $5 registration
    > fee
    > > is very reasonable but how do I know its not another scam?
    > >
    > > Email to my_jal@hotmail.com has gone unanswered.
    > >
    > > I am willing to pay for a software, but I want it to work the first time
    > and
    > > every time. Is that being unreasonable???
    > >
    > > There is supposedly an alternative posted at
    > >
    > > http://www.nextelmodz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952
    > >
    > > but I have no clue what this geek is saying............................
    > >
    > > ANY HELP????????????????

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    rowsdower wrote:

    > Tell you what, don't upgrade anything in your pc after you register
    > myjal. I paid the $5 bucks in may to register my software. I upgraded my
    > hardrive about 3 weeks ago now myjal says I need to register. The code
    > they sent me doesn't work anymore. Myteam told me that the code they
    > sent me was for a snapshot of my old hardware setup not for the new one.
    > Kinda shitty if you ask me.

    OMG That's worse than XP! I change stuff way too often to pay for
    software that works like that.

    --
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    That would have been nice for them to state that before buying it. "Don't
    pay for this if you plan on upgrading your pc anytime soon."

    "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in

    > rowsdower wrote:
    >

    >> Tell you what, don't upgrade anything in your pc after you register
    >> myjal. I paid the $5 bucks in may to register my software. I
    >> upgraded my hardrive about 3 weeks ago now myjal says I need to
    >> register. The code they sent me doesn't work anymore. Myteam told
    >> me that the code they sent me was for a snapshot of my old hardware
    >> setup not for the new one. Kinda shitty if you ask me.
    >>

    > OMG That's worse than XP! I change stuff way too often to pay for
    > software that works like that.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    rowsdower wrote:

    > Tell you what, don't upgrade anything in your pc after you register
    > myjal. I paid the $5 bucks in may to register my software. I upgraded my
    > hardrive about 3 weeks ago now myjal says I need to register. The code
    > they sent me doesn't work anymore. Myteam told me that the code they
    > sent me was for a snapshot of my old hardware setup not for the new one.
    > Kinda shitty if you ask me.

    Not at all uncommon.

    It's done to prevent users from installing software on multiple machines.

    Notan
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Can u im me xokeoniox

    --
    slider49
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    I need to know what is wrong i did the whole vinnycuz tutorial at the
    end when i try to run Apache, it opens up DOS and says syntax error on
    line 197 cannot load sumptin into the server..... can u im me xokeoniox
    or help me summohow rdmiller

    --
    slider49
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    od_ssl: SSL handshake failed: HTTP spoken on HTTPS port; trying to send
    HTML error page (OpenSSL library error follows)
    [Tue Jan 06 16:49:43 2004] [error] OpenSSL: error:1407609C:SSL
    routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request [Hint: speaking HTTP to
    HTTPS port!?]
    Thats the error

    --
    slider49
    http://cellphoneforums.net

Nextel Software Internet Service Providers