encryption problems with Linksys BEFW11S4

I have a Toshiba laptop with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card built in
(drivers from Agere). The OS is Windows XP Pro.

When I first set this up, I got the WEP encryption working with no
problems. Than along comes WPA.

I upgraded the router to Firmware Version: 1.50.10, got the latest
drivers for the wireless NIC, and installed the windows XP patch for
wireless networks.

My problem is that once I turn on WPA (or WEP), it shuts down the
connection after about 2 minutes. If I turn off all encryption, the
connection stays indefinately.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about encryption problems linksys befw11s4

    Michael G wrote:
    > I have a Toshiba laptop with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card built in
    > (drivers from Agere). The OS is Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > When I first set this up, I got the WEP encryption working with no
    > problems. Than along comes WPA.
    >
    > I upgraded the router to Firmware Version: 1.50.10, got the latest
    > drivers for the wireless NIC, and installed the windows XP patch for
    > wireless networks.
    >
    > My problem is that once I turn on WPA (or WEP), it shuts down the
    > connection after about 2 minutes. If I turn off all encryption, the
    > connection stays indefinately.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    For WEP, turn OFF 802.11x Authentication. For WPA, turn ON 802.11x
    Authentication (or reverse the current setting).

Wireless Encryption Toshiba Wireless Networking