encryption problems with Linksys BEFW11S4

I have a Toshiba laptop with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card built in
(drivers from Agere). The OS is Windows XP Pro.

When I first set this up, I got the WEP encryption working with no
problems. Than along comes WPA.

I upgraded the router to Firmware Version: 1.50.10, got the latest
drivers for the wireless NIC, and installed the windows XP patch for
wireless networks.

My problem is that once I turn on WPA (or WEP), it shuts down the
connection after about 2 minutes. If I turn off all encryption, the
connection stays indefinately.

Any ideas?

Michael G wrote:
> I have a Toshiba laptop with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card built in
> (drivers from Agere). The OS is Windows XP Pro.
>
> When I first set this up, I got the WEP encryption working with no
> problems. Than along comes WPA.
>
> I upgraded the router to Firmware Version: 1.50.10, got the latest
> drivers for the wireless NIC, and installed the windows XP patch for
> wireless networks.
>
> My problem is that once I turn on WPA (or WEP), it shuts down the
> connection after about 2 minutes. If I turn off all encryption, the
> connection stays indefinately.
>
> Any ideas?

For WEP, turn OFF 802.11x Authentication. For WPA, turn ON 802.11x
Authentication (or reverse the current setting).