Offline Files & Folders

Hi There!

I keep everything of value in my documents on my PC. I have
this shared.
I mapped from my notebooks to my documents an M Drive
Mapping, right clicked and set it make available offline.

The files on the desktop can be opened file no issues, they
are not read only either in the properties nor do they
report
so when being opened on my desktop.

On my notebook however, these files are read only when
opened. Properties of them states they are not.

What could be wrong?

Also if I take a bunch of folders in the desktop my
documents and move them to c:\andres archived documents
will they be removed from the notebook next time I sync?

Any Assistance gratefully received.
1 answer Last reply
More about offline files folders

    My stupidity appears to have been the cause as I had not set
    the share permissions beyond read.

    <42E8D37E.DCE4.00AE.0@sapphiresolutions.co.nz.NOSPAM!>,
    Andre Southgate<Andre@sapphiresolutions.co.nz.NOSPAM!>
    wrote:
    Hi There!

    I keep everything of value in my documents on my PC. I have
    this shared.
    I mapped from my notebooks to my documents an M Drive
    Mapping, right clicked and set it make available offline.

    The files on the desktop can be opened file no issues, they
    are not read only either in the properties nor do they
    report
    so when being opened on my desktop.

    On my notebook however, these files are read only when
    opened. Properties of them states they are not.

    What could be wrong?

    Also if I take a bunch of folders in the desktop my
    documents and move them to c:\andres archived documents
    will they be removed from the notebook next time I sync?

    Any Assistance gratefully received.

Notebooks Desktops My Documents Windows XP