Atari Red Baron Cockpit any interest?

Last response: in Deals
June 20, 2005 2:29:41 AM

I have a cockpit style Red Baron in my garage gathering dust. It's all
there but doesn't work. Years ago I took out the monitor and set a TV/VCR
in its place and my kids would watch videos in it. they graduated to cable
and PS2, so I reinstalled the monitor and moved it to the garage. I would
like the space back.
I have no idea what it is worth or how to grade its condition. I can take
some pics if any interest.
I live in south Texas.
Regards
Roy
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:12:12 PM

Heck yeah I'm interested! I'm just too far away... If you were in the
Midwest, things might be different.

Anyway, RB CP's are pretty uncommon, I understand. Around 500 made.
I'm kind of a newbie, so I've only been paying attention for about a
year, but in that year of looking here and on ebay I have seen no
cockpits (maybe one?) and maybe five of the more common uprights for
sale, in various states of repair, going for $250-500 or so. Maybe
someone else on here has a better feel for the value of the cockpit.
On the other hand, someone parted out an upright on ebay a few weeks
ago, and the board went for over 200 and the control panel went for a
cool hundred bucks. Another game that, to parphrase Mr. Potter, is
apparently worth more dead than alive. Too bad. Underrated game IMHO.
June 20, 2005 6:23:42 PM

I have a nonworking upright if your interested everything is good
accept the boardset.Snohomish,Wa.

Matt Fisher wrote:
> Heck yeah I'm interested! I'm just too far away... If you were in the
> Midwest, things might be different.
>
> Anyway, RB CP's are pretty uncommon, I understand. Around 500 made.
> I'm kind of a newbie, so I've only been paying attention for about a
> year, but in that year of looking here and on ebay I have seen no
> cockpits (maybe one?) and maybe five of the more common uprights for
> sale, in various states of repair, going for $250-500 or so. Maybe
> someone else on here has a better feel for the value of the cockpit.
> On the other hand, someone parted out an upright on ebay a few weeks
> ago, and the board went for over 200 and the control panel went for a
> cool hundred bucks. Another game that, to parphrase Mr. Potter, is
> apparently worth more dead than alive. Too bad. Underrated game IMHO.
June 20, 2005 8:28:42 PM

I actually have a trade pending for a working upright, so I will be
getting my own pretty soon. Thanks for the offer. Of course, a
cockpit is the ultimate goal. I just can't justify paying for shipping
from Texas, or paying for the game, for that matter. Maybe someday.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:16:15 AM

This is where I left this game.
Red Baron Cockpit. need repair help.
All 3 messages in topic - view as tree
Roy and Rosa Dec 30 1999, 3:00 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade,
rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
From: "Roy and Rosa" <rbe...@interconnect.net> - Find messages
by this author
Date: 1999/12/30
Subject: Red Baron Cockpit. need repair help.
original | Report Abuse

Hello. I am trying to repair my Atari red baron. I am looking for
any
schematics or troubleshooting guides. I downloaded the .tiff format
schems
from spies BUT... each page takes about 30-40 minutes to load in my
viewer
and they are verrrry slooooow to view once loaded. So slow that it is
too
frustrating to even try to use them.
Does anyone know where a .pdf version might be found?
Also, any advice on typical trouble spots on this game?
I understand it is the same board used in BattleZone.

Just in case anyone wants to know:
power supplies all OK
no video. (spot killer on) no voltage at x-out or y-out.
clock circuit working.
watchdog timer resets cpu for about 3 minutes when turned on ,then
starts to
work correctly.
activity on address/data lines
no audio
light on in cockpit control panel
random clicking of coin counter
no inputs work

Cant do much more without some usable schematics.
Thanks for any help. Roy Beaty rbe...@interconnect.net

Jon Raiford Dec 31 1999, 3:00 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade,
rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
From: Jon Raiford <raif...@mindspring.com> - Find messages by
this author
Date: 1999/12/31
Subject: Re: Red Baron Cockpit. need repair help.
original | Report Abuse

Have you replaced the Big Blue capacitor? It could cause something
like this.
Also try verifying the roms and cleaning the edge connector & socketed
chips' legs.

Jon

Roy and Rosa wrote:

> Hello. I am trying to repair my Atari red baron. I am looking for
any
> schematics or troubleshooting guides. I downloaded the .tiff
format schems
> from spies BUT... each page takes about 30-40 minutes to load in my
viewer
> and they are verrrry slooooow to view once loaded. So slow that it
is too
> frustrating to even try to use them.
> Does anyone know where a .pdf version might be found?
> Also, any advice on typical trouble spots on this game?
> I understand it is the same board used in BattleZone.

> Just in case anyone wants to know:
> power supplies all OK
> no video. (spot killer on) no voltage at x-out or y-out.
> clock circuit working.
> watchdog timer resets cpu for about 3 minutes when turned on ,then
starts to
> work correctly.
> activity on address/data lines
> no audio
> light on in cockpit control panel
> random clicking of coin counter
> no inputs work

> Cant do much more without some usable schematics.
> Thanks for any help. Roy Beaty rbe...@interconnect.net

Roy and Rosa Jan 7 2000, 3:00 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade,
rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
From: "Roy and Rosa" <rbe...@interconnect.net> - Find messages
by this author
Date: 2000/01/07
original | Report Abuse

Cleaned all pins. Light in cockpit started flashing and stayed on
steady
when pressed.
Then things seemed to get worse than before. watchdog resetting
continously now. Address decoder doesnt seem to work....?
will replace cap and see what happens. Roy

"Roy and Rosa" <rbeaty@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> I have a cockpit style Red Baron in my garage gathering dust. It's all
> there but doesn't work. Years ago I took out the monitor and set a TV/VCR
> in its place and my kids would watch videos in it. they graduated to
cable
> and PS2, so I reinstalled the monitor and moved it to the garage. I would
> like the space back.
> I have no idea what it is worth or how to grade its condition. I can take
> some pics if any interest.
> I live in south Texas.
> Regards
> Roy