I have a friends computer that has a lot of compressed files spread around
in different folders.
Is there an easy way of uncompressing them all at once instead of doing each
folder at a time ?
He says that he had another friend supposedly speed up his computer by
having XP compress files.
All the compressed files are in Blue.

Thanks
Ron

"RonK" <imhere@home.now> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way of uncompressing them all at once instead of doing
> each folder at a time ?

I would rethink this. There are many files (hundreds, even thousands) in
compressed format on your hard drive. Uncompressing that in one swoop would
send you to the repair shop in a heartbeat.

Are the compressed files there in a new installation ?
Thanks

"Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> "RonK" <imhere@home.now> wrote in message
>> Is there an easy way of uncompressing them all at once instead of doing
>> each folder at a time ?
>
> I would rethink this. There are many files (hundreds, even thousands) in
> compressed format on your hard drive. Uncompressing that in one swoop
> would send you to the repair shop in a heartbeat.

Yes. Many files are still compressed - especially files with extension
".cab".

> Are the compressed files there in a new installation ?
> Thanks
>
> "Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> "RonK" <imhere@home.now> wrote in message
>>> Is there an easy way of uncompressing them all at once instead of doing
>>> each folder at a time ?
>>
>> I would rethink this. There are many files (hundreds, even thousands) in
>> compressed format on your hard drive. Uncompressing that in one swoop
>> would send you to the repair shop in a heartbeat.

OK Thanks, I'll just leave them as they are.

> Yes. Many files are still compressed - especially files with extension
> ".cab".
>
> "RonK" <imhere@home.now> wrote in message
>> Are the compressed files there in a new installation ?
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> "RonK" <imhere@home.now> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I would rethink this. There are many files (hundreds, even thousands) in
>>> compressed format on your hard drive. Uncompressing that in one swoop
>>> would send you to the repair shop in a heartbeat.

TRENDING THREADS