I accidently deldted my LAN connection and can't get it back

I, whilst trying to connect to my university network, deleted my LAN
connection and I have tried everything to get it back. I have searched the
computer but it is no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN connection. Help!!!

Perhaps the connection exists, but the connections folder isn't able to
display it.

Are there any connections visible in the folder? Is the Remote Access
Connection Manager Service running? How about the Network Connection
Service?

"Kitty Killed The Computer" <Kitty Killed The
Computer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I, whilst trying to connect to my university network, deleted my LAN
> connection and I have tried everything to get it back. I have searched the
> computer but it is no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
> Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN connection. Help!!!

There is only a pre existing dial up service called D-Net in there there is
no local connection icon in there at all (that is in the Network Connections
folder)

"Michael T" wrote:

> Perhaps the connection exists, but the connections folder isn't able to
> display it.
>
> Are there any connections visible in the folder? Is the Remote Access
> Connection Manager Service running? How about the Network Connection
> Service?
>

> "Kitty Killed The Computer" <Kitty Killed The
> Computer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I, whilst trying to connect to my university network, deleted my LAN
> > connection and I have tried everything to get it back. I have searched the
> > computer but it is no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
> > Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN connection. Help!!!

Here's a discussion thread for you
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web/browse_frm/thread/1f85dd780be88d81/aca11668b02f294b?lnk=st&q=LAN+connection+icon+missing+group:microsoft.public.windowsxp.*&rnum=5&hl=en#aca11668b02f294b

OR (the abbreviated URL is)
http://makeashorterlink.com/?V3E75238B

> There is only a pre existing dial up service called D-Net in there there
> is
> no local connection icon in there at all (that is in the Network
> Connections
> folder)
>
> "Michael T" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps the connection exists, but the connections folder isn't able to
>> display it.
>>
>> Are there any connections visible in the folder? Is the Remote Access
>> Connection Manager Service running? How about the Network Connection
>> Service?
>>

>> "Kitty Killed The Computer" <Kitty Killed The
>> Computer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I, whilst trying to connect to my university network, deleted my LAN
>> > connection and I have tried everything to get it back. I have searched
>> > the
>> > computer but it is no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
>> > Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN connection. Help!!!

Byte

Have you tried rebooting and/or a Restore?
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Kitty Killed The Computer" wrote:

> I, whilst trying to connect to my university network, deleted my LAN
> connection and I have tried everything to get it back. I have searched the
> computer but it is no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
> Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN connection. Help!!!

Hi,

You may want to use System Restore to set the system back to just before the this
occurred.

All About System Restore in WinXP
http://bertk.mvps.org/
--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Kitty Killed The Computer wrote:
> There is only a pre existing dial up service called D-Net
> in there there is no local connection icon in there at
> all (that is in the Network Connections folder)
>
> "Michael T" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps the connection exists, but the connections
>> folder isn't able to display it.
>>
>> Are there any connections visible in the folder? Is the
>> Remote Access Connection Manager Service running? How
>> about the Network Connection Service?
>>

>> "Kitty Killed The Computer" <Kitty Killed The
>> Computer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I, whilst trying to connect to my university network,
>>> deleted my LAN connection and I have tried everything
>>> to get it back. I have searched the computer but it is
>>> no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
>>> Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN
>>> connection. Help!!!

I discovered that option (system restore) had been turned off. It is now back
on again. It's okay though because just by fiddling around with the new
hardware I managed to create a new LAN Connection. But don't ask me to do it
again lol. Thanks ne way guys

"Byte" wrote:

> Have you tried rebooting and/or a Restore?
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "Kitty Killed The Computer" wrote:
>
> > I, whilst trying to connect to my university network, deleted my LAN
> > connection and I have tried everything to get it back. I have searched the
> > computer but it is no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
> > Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN connection. Help!!!

You're welcome. Glad to see you have it resolved.

If you are interested, here are some tips to keeping System Restore Healthy
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://bertk.mvps.org

Kitty Killed The Computer wrote:
> I discovered that option (system restore) had been turned
> off. It is now back on again. It's okay though because
> just by fiddling around with the new hardware I managed
> to create a new LAN Connection. But don't ask me to do it
> again lol. Thanks ne way guys
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried rebooting and/or a Restore?
>> --
>> XP-WNP
>> Today is the first day of the
>> rest of your life.
>>

>> "Kitty Killed The Computer" wrote:
>>
>>> I, whilst trying to connect to my university network,
>>> deleted my LAN connection and I have tried everything
>>> to get it back. I have searched the computer but it is
>>> no where to be found. I tried using the Create New
>>> Connection Wizard but could not create a LAN
>>> connection. Help!!!

TRENDING THREADS