Activation loop when MS forces reactivation and XP can't c..

With the new patches from MS, I am being forced to activate XP again. I go
thru all the steps for proper activation [incl. trying the telephone setup]
and then when XP goes to reboot it errors out [0x8004050a] saying it can't
accurately check the license. I get auto-logged out and thus have no ability
to use System Restore to get back before all these patches that caused the
problem I'm having.

I can't even get it to start so I can check the Product ID and get MS help.
Or help me resolve this problem directly??

Can anyone help with this???

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> With the new patches from MS, I am being forced to activate XP
> again. I go
> thru all the steps for proper activation [incl. trying the
> telephone setup]
> and then when XP goes to reboot it errors out [0x8004050a]
> saying it can't
> accurately check the license. I get auto-logged out and thus
> have no ability
> to use System Restore to get back before all these patches
> that caused the
> problem I'm having.
>
> I can't even get it to start so I can check the Product ID and
> get MS help.
> Or help me resolve this problem directly??
>
> Can anyone help with this???

Try logging in in safe mode and do system restore.

How to access safe mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Activation-loop-MS-forces-reactivation-XP-check-lic-ftopict401661.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1328923