  • Video
  • Hot Deals
Last response: in Deals
June 20, 2005 9:06:53 PM

Subject says it all. I saw the list, how were the prices?

M.O.
http://www.madocowain.com
http://www.playmaille.com

More about : rockford super auction results

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:28:34 AM

Madoc Owain wrote:

> Subject says it all. I saw the list, how were the prices?
>
> M.O.
> http://www.madocowain.com
> http://www.playmaille.com

picked up:

Robotron - $15
Robotron - $18
Galaga - $25
Galaga Cocktail - $30

all working - not bad for $88 bucks!
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:28:35 AM

Are you serious?!?!

Boy I sure missed out on this one. I should have made the trip.

Matt

"MikeM." <arcademan@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Madoc Owain wrote:
> >
> > Subject says it all. I saw the list, how were the prices?
> >
> > M.O.
> > http://www.madocowain.com
> > http://www.playmaille.com
>

> picked up:
>
> Robotron - $15
> Robotron - $18
> Galaga - $25
> Galaga Cocktail - $30
>
> all working - not bad for $88 bucks!

June 21, 2005 3:41:49 AM

No deals, how about the minty Disc of Tron my buddy got for $310 and
the very nice Ms.Pac that went for $325 working. You are right though
the auction was mostly for project games and I would say that only
about 25% of the video games worked and most all of the pins were junk.
I sure was glad that I was able to get my two games out Friday night as
two of my buddies had to go back on Sunday to get their 16 games and
said there was alot of stealing of parts buy other people that were
picking up games. My one buddy had a Pacman board taken from his
cabinet that was just there before he loaded one of his games, came
back and gone. He also told me that the guy who bought the Galaga with
the 4 to 5 boards in it had 2 to 3 missing when he came back. I hate
when things like this happen, this is not what I like to see in this
hobby.

Hans O wrote:
> Seriously, here's my take. Over 1000 lots as stated in the program
> (still available to download). JR stood on the outside loading dock of
> this old building in Rockford, IL. Bidders stood or sat in lawn chairs
> on the concrete apron of the dock. Nice sunny summer day. Thankfully
> there was an huge old tree shading the area.
>
> Bidding started around 11 AM. I stopped for pancakes so I was late.
> NOBODY was allowed near the games at all during or after the auction.
> Anybody who arrived after the preview was over had to bid sight unseen.
> Roughly 100 people in the beginning with less than half bidding.
>
> Auction had some decent stuff, some fix'r-uppers and some junkers.
> Prices seemed decent enough but shot up on the more desirable items. As
> the day wore on, numbers of bidders slowly declined. I didn't log any
> prices but will shoot from the hip on stuff I was interested in.
>
> Star Wars- a bit over $300- dead, torn up a bit, Amplifone
> Star Trek- just under 300- dead, Asteroids cab
> Star Trek- just over 300- working with partial deflection Asteroids cab
> Space Dual- $180 -dead, Amplifone
> Tempest- $180 -dead a little ratty
> Asteroids (x6) -all between $60 and 95ish -2 in LL cabs, all with G05-801s
> Battlezones (x2) -can't remember -both dead, one with no step
> Tempest cabaret cab turned into trivia whiz- $60
> Tapper $425 dead with very nice cabinet
> 005 $25 -clean but never tested
>
> Nearing the end, evidently they were down to 5 bidders. Lots of deals
> all around. Some went too high in my opinion. No outright steals, either.
>
> Anybody else have something to add?
> Hans O in Chicago
>

> > 1. Grab your chain
> > 2. Yank
> >
> > Paul Gifford wrote:
> >
> >> Please tell me those were flyers, or manuals...no, wait...I don't want
> >> to know!
> >>
> >> Paul

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:01:18 AM

god damn, you can't be serious...

if you are I'm gonna sit down and cry...

and if you're not a whole big group of us is gonna find your house and write
"pole positions were well designed" on your windows in soap...

"MikeM." <arcademan@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Madoc Owain wrote:
>>
>> Subject says it all. I saw the list, how were the prices?
>>
>> M.O.
>> http://www.madocowain.com
>> http://www.playmaille.com
>

> picked up:
>
> Robotron - $15
> Robotron - $18
> Galaga - $25
> Galaga Cocktail - $30
>
> all working - not bad for $88 bucks!

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:07:04 AM

MikeM. wrote:
> Madoc Owain wrote:
>
>>Subject says it all. I saw the list, how were the prices?
>>
>>M.O.
>>http://www.madocowain.com
>>http://www.playmaille.com
>

> picked up:
>
> Robotron - $15
> Robotron - $18
> Galaga - $25
> Galaga Cocktail - $30
>
> all working - not bad for $88 bucks!

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:07:05 AM

1. Grab your chain
2. Yank

>>> http://www.madocowain.com
>>> http://www.playmaille.com
>>

>> picked up:
>>
>> Robotron - $15
>> Robotron - $18
>> Galaga - $25
>> Galaga Cocktail - $30
>>
>> all working - not bad for $88 bucks!

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:07:06 AM

Seriously, here's my take. Over 1000 lots as stated in the program
(still available to download). JR stood on the outside loading dock of
this old building in Rockford, IL. Bidders stood or sat in lawn chairs
on the concrete apron of the dock. Nice sunny summer day. Thankfully
there was an huge old tree shading the area.

Bidding started around 11 AM. I stopped for pancakes so I was late.
NOBODY was allowed near the games at all during or after the auction.
Anybody who arrived after the preview was over had to bid sight unseen.
Roughly 100 people in the beginning with less than half bidding.

Auction had some decent stuff, some fix'r-uppers and some junkers.
Prices seemed decent enough but shot up on the more desirable items. As
the day wore on, numbers of bidders slowly declined. I didn't log any
prices but will shoot from the hip on stuff I was interested in.

Star Wars- a bit over $300- dead, torn up a bit, Amplifone
Star Trek- just under 300- dead, Asteroids cab
Star Trek- just over 300- working with partial deflection Asteroids cab
Space Dual- $180 -dead, Amplifone
Tempest- $180 -dead a little ratty
Asteroids (x6) -all between $60 and 95ish -2 in LL cabs, all with G05-801s
Battlezones (x2) -can't remember -both dead, one with no step
Tempest cabaret cab turned into trivia whiz- $60
Tapper $425 dead with very nice cabinet
005 $25 -clean but never tested

Nearing the end, evidently they were down to 5 bidders. Lots of deals
all around. Some went too high in my opinion. No outright steals, either.

Anybody else have something to add?
Hans O in Chicago

> 1. Grab your chain
> 2. Yank
>
> Paul Gifford wrote:
>
>> Please tell me those were flyers, or manuals...no, wait...I don't want
>> to know!
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> MikeM. wrote:

>>> picked up:
>>>
>>> Robotron - $15
>>> Robotron - $18
>>> Galaga - $25
>>> Galaga Cocktail - $30
>>>
>>> all working - not bad for $88 bucks!

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:10:04 AM

All I got was a virtua fighter cab. Perfect monitor, but needs a few thigns
here and there. Overall great condition: $110

"Madoc Owain" <nospam@madocowain.com> wrote in message
news:D 97elt12meh@news4.newsguy.com...
> Subject says it all. I saw the list, how were the prices?
>
> M.O.
> http://www.madocowain.com
> http://www.playmaille.com
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:50:19 AM

Hans O wrote:

> 1. Grab your chain
> 2. Yank

You are correct sir!

-Mike;)
June 21, 2005 9:09:06 AM

What about the Mini Tempest that went for $70.00 . Still had the marque
and they overlayed a piece of plexi over the control panel so they
could turn it into a 8 liner. I picked up a few gun game cabinets n
boards. Super Auctions is definitely earning there money this auction.
There is only 3 guys bringing stuff down. to the dock. The shelf
auction netted me a old spiral hoop of metal that is turning and you
try to guyed a loop of metal to the bottom washer without touching the
sides. Just about everyone that was picking up games was parting them
out and destroying the cabinets and pyling the wood on top of the games
in there trailers. You were not allowed to leave anything there. They
should have rented a dumpster and just charged everone XX amount to use
it. It was a bit sad to see cabinets being smashed up. But when space
is an issue and all you really wanted was the 25 and the board for your
$10 bid.

I hope to run into another auction like that. Next time I will take
more notes. To many games, to dark lack of power and time. It was nice
to sit in the parking lot in the shade, feet up on the cooler bidding
on Stuff. Highest auction number I heard was 277 and they started at
100.

RJ
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:24:07 AM

I would find it difficult to steal boards from others games since SA brings
your purchases to the front and loads them up for you. In addition, the
games were closed off after the preview to bidders. Unless you left your
game unattended after getting it.

I bought 2 of the pins (Party Zone and F-14). The Party Zone was $425 and
the main ramps and couple other plastics were not on the playfield, also
missing the DMD and display driver board. All the ramps and other plastics
were under the playfield. I don't mind buying a new driver board as they
flake out often anyways. For $200 I can get a new driver board and DMD. I
paid $500 for the game with the fees, so for $700 I have a nice pin with a
solid display.

The F-14 has the displays, but has display issues. All the boards are there
and the game works, just no displays. No playfield wear, cabinet has
scratches. Probably a voltage issue I will have the trace. No playfield
wear, cabinet has scratches. $375 with the fees.

Converted Ms Pac cocktail (into Trivia Whiz) for $125.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL

<basemntrcade@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No deals, how about the minty Disc of Tron my buddy got for $310 and
> the very nice Ms.Pac that went for $325 working. You are right though
> the auction was mostly for project games and I would say that only
> about 25% of the video games worked and most all of the pins were junk.
> I sure was glad that I was able to get my two games out Friday night as
> two of my buddies had to go back on Sunday to get their 16 games and
> said there was alot of stealing of parts buy other people that were
> picking up games. My one buddy had a Pacman board taken from his
> cabinet that was just there before he loaded one of his games, came
> back and gone. He also told me that the guy who bought the Galaga with
> the 4 to 5 boards in it had 2 to 3 missing when he came back. I hate
> when things like this happen, this is not what I like to see in this
> hobby.
>
> Hans O wrote:
>> Seriously, here's my take. Over 1000 lots as stated in the program
>> (still available to download). JR stood on the outside loading dock of
>> this old building in Rockford, IL. Bidders stood or sat in lawn chairs
>> on the concrete apron of the dock. Nice sunny summer day. Thankfully
>> there was an huge old tree shading the area.
>>
>> Bidding started around 11 AM. I stopped for pancakes so I was late.
>> NOBODY was allowed near the games at all during or after the auction.
>> Anybody who arrived after the preview was over had to bid sight unseen.
>> Roughly 100 people in the beginning with less than half bidding.
>>
>> Auction had some decent stuff, some fix'r-uppers and some junkers.
>> Prices seemed decent enough but shot up on the more desirable items. As
>> the day wore on, numbers of bidders slowly declined. I didn't log any
>> prices but will shoot from the hip on stuff I was interested in.
>>
>> Star Wars- a bit over $300- dead, torn up a bit, Amplifone
>> Star Trek- just under 300- dead, Asteroids cab
>> Star Trek- just over 300- working with partial deflection Asteroids cab
>> Space Dual- $180 -dead, Amplifone
>> Tempest- $180 -dead a little ratty
>> Asteroids (x6) -all between $60 and 95ish -2 in LL cabs, all with
>> G05-801s
>> Battlezones (x2) -can't remember -both dead, one with no step
>> Tempest cabaret cab turned into trivia whiz- $60
>> Tapper $425 dead with very nice cabinet
>> 005 $25 -clean but never tested
>>
>> Nearing the end, evidently they were down to 5 bidders. Lots of deals
>> all around. Some went too high in my opinion. No outright steals, either.
>>
>> Anybody else have something to add?
>> Hans O in Chicago
>>

>> > 1. Grab your chain
>> > 2. Yank

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:03:08 PM

As far as security,I think Super auctions did as much as they can,they
even followed you to the washroom door,so nobody touch the games during
the auction.They took all the games out for you,nobody can go inside
today, even used washroom!They told me to use the tree.
Most Classis had no boards in,just the cabs but some cabs were not
bad.Any working classis were not too cheap.
I didn't spend a lot time to see them ,bought some games work,some
don't,bought a $10's game for parts,the game works!
!