Error: 0x80240020 for Windows Updates

I removed a bunch of spyware from this computer. I attempted to download
and install the Window's Genuine update but after it downloads it says it
failed to install. I checked the Window's Update log and the above
mentioned error number is listed in the log. Does anyone have any clue as
to what might be causing this problem?

--
Nocturnal
1 answer Last reply

    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the
    rest of your life.

    "Nocturnal" wrote:

    > I removed a bunch of spyware from this computer. I attempted to download
    > and install the Window's Genuine update but after it downloads it says it
    > failed to install. I checked the Window's Update log and the above
    > mentioned error number is listed in the log. Does anyone have any clue as
    > to what might be causing this problem?
    >
    > --
    > Nocturnal

Microsoft Windows XP