Bluetooth Name

I am having an issue that i am hoping that someone can help me with, my
computer has the correct name, however when i try to pair the computer with
another device it does not retain the name it still holds the name that the
computer had when i first got the computer a generic name. i am wondering
what i need to do to get it to change the bluetooth name
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth name

    You could do a search of the registry, in regedit.exe, looking for any
    occurrence of the original name and replace it with your desired name.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
    "Ken D" <KenD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I am having an issue that i am hoping that someone can help me with, my
    computer has the correct name, however when i try to pair the computer with
    another device it does not retain the name it still holds the name that the
    computer had when i first got the computer a generic name. i am wondering
    what i need to do to get it to change the bluetooth name

    ok i have tried that with no success i appreciate the idea. are there are
    other suggestions

    "VManes" wrote:

    > You could do a search of the registry, in regedit.exe, looking for any
    > occurrence of the original name and replace it with your desired name.
    >
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
    > Crystals...
    > let's watch what happens."
    > "Ken D" <KenD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having an issue that i am hoping that someone can help me with, my
    > computer has the correct name, however when i try to pair the computer with
    > another device it does not retain the name it still holds the name that the
    > computer had when i first got the computer a generic name. i am wondering
    > what i need to do to get it to change the bluetooth name

Computers Microsoft Bluetooth Windows XP