Bluetooth Name

I am having an issue that i am hoping that someone can help me with, my
computer has the correct name, however when i try to pair the computer with
another device it does not retain the name it still holds the name that the
computer had when i first got the computer a generic name. i am wondering
what i need to do to get it to change the bluetooth name

You could do a search of the registry, in regedit.exe, looking for any
occurrence of the original name and replace it with your desired name.

--
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
"Ken D" <KenD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am having an issue that i am hoping that someone can help me with, my
computer has the correct name, however when i try to pair the computer with
another device it does not retain the name it still holds the name that the
computer had when i first got the computer a generic name. i am wondering
what i need to do to get it to change the bluetooth name

ok i have tried that with no success i appreciate the idea. are there are
other suggestions