please help me with my error

When I reboot I get this error:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

The event id is 4609

I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but not
for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)

Can anyone help?
4 answers Last reply
More about please error

    "heatherw_01" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
    > When I reboot I get this error:
    >
    > The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its
    > internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
    > d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
    > Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
    >
    > The event id is 4609
    >
    > I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but
    > not for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    How recent is this error? Did it start after downloading any software or
    driver updates?

    EventID.Net
    http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4609&eventno=1993&source=EventSystem&phase=1
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "heatherw_01" wrote:

    > When I reboot I get this error:
    >
    > The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
    > processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
    > d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
    > Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
    >
    > The event id is 4609
    >
    > I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but not
    > for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    I do have a new graphics driver on and also I recently re-installed XP. I
    also have a new CDROM drive, but I have had this for a month or two so I
    don't think it is that.

    As far as I know the error started after I reinstalled and downloaded the
    new windows updates.

    >I do have a new graphics driver on and also I recently re-installed XP. I
    >also have a new CDROM drive, but I have had this for a month or two so I
    >don't think it is that.
    >
    > As far as I know the error started after I reinstalled and downloaded the
    > new windows updates.
    >

    > "G..." <g...@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "heatherw_01" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
    >>> When I reboot I get this error:
    >>>
    >>> The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its
    >>> internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
    >>> d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
    >>> Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
    >>>
    >>> The event id is 4609
    >>>
    >>> I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but
    >>> not for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help?
    >>>

    >> How recent is this error? Did it start after downloading any software or
    >> driver updates?

    Since you provide few details about your system, if the drivers were through
    Windows Update, I would say try rolling back the drivers. Also, you can try
    a System Restore preceding the date of the first error message.

Support Microsoft Windows XP