please help me with my error

July 28, 2005 7:58:45 PM

When I reboot I get this error:

Quote:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.[CODE]

The event id is 4609

I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but not
for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)

Can anyone help?

More about : error

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:58:46 PM

"heatherw_01" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
> When I reboot I get this error:

Quote:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its
> internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
> d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
> Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.[CODE]
>
> The event id is 4609
>
> I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but
> not for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)
>
> Can anyone help?

How recent is this error? Did it start after downloading any software or
driver updates?
July 28, 2005 7:58:46 PM

EventID.Net
http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4609&eventno=199...
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"heatherw_01" wrote:

> When I reboot I get this error:

Quote:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
> processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
> d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
> Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.[CODE]
>
> The event id is 4609
>
> I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but not
> for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)
>
> Can anyone help?

July 29, 2005 2:40:50 PM

I do have a new graphics driver on and also I recently re-installed XP. I
also have a new CDROM drive, but I have had this for a month or two so I
don't think it is that.

As far as I know the error started after I reinstalled and downloaded the
new windows updates.

"G..." <g...@nospam.net> wrote in message

> "heatherw_01" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
>> When I reboot I get this error:

Quote:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its
>> internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
>> d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
>> Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.[CODE]
>>
>> The event id is 4609
>>
>> I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but
>> not for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>

> How recent is this error? Did it start after downloading any software or
> driver updates?

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 10:13:06 AM

>I do have a new graphics driver on and also I recently re-installed XP. I
>also have a new CDROM drive, but I have had this for a month or two so I
>don't think it is that.
>
> As far as I know the error started after I reinstalled and downloaded the
> new windows updates.
>

> "G..." <g...@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "heatherw_01" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
>>> When I reboot I get this error:

Quote:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its
>>> internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
>>> d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
>>> Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.[CODE]
>>>
>>> The event id is 4609
>>>
>>> I did a search and there is certains fixees for certain error codes, but
>>> not for mine (HRESULT was C0000005)
>>>
>>> Can anyone help?
>>>

>> How recent is this error? Did it start after downloading any software or
>> driver updates?

Since you provide few details about your system, if the drivers were through
Windows Update, I would say try rolling back the drivers. Also, you can try
a System Restore preceding the date of the first error message.
!