Articles & News
Graphics & Displays
Tom's IT Pro
Login | Sign Up
The authority on tech
Laptop Tech Support
Best laptop for gaming
Jan 16, 2013, 1:19 AM
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 or 17"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
I dont care how long it lasts. I`m always near to a power source.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Heroes Of Newerth
all of them on high.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Not much, considering i`ll use Microsoft office.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 500gb.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as it lasts.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Normal Dvd writer I guess (To install windows 7 LOL)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I would preffer: (not in order)
any other that`s not
13. What country do you live in?
Chile, but travelling to USA.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I`m thinking in buying this one:
or this one:
What do you think?
Jan 26, 2013
Jan 16, 2013
best laptop gaming
Jan 16, 2013, 1:36 AM
The Lenovo Y580 is by far the best laptop in that price range.
Jan 16, 2013, 6:03 AM
A bit over your budget, but in the top 10 gaming laptops of 2013.
Non-gaming laptop under 1k
Recommendation for Laptop for College with Gaming Capabilities
Best gaming laptop for around $1,500
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Get the answer
Jan 16, 2013, 4:13 PM
That is not better than a Y580. First it doesn't have a 1080 screen. Second it has a 650m not the 660m the Y580 has and it's only a 11.6 inch screen.
Jan 16, 2013, 4:31 PM
This is the laptop you should get.
$50 cheaper from their site... Free shipping and 1 year free skype premium... if you care about that lol.
Jan 16, 2013, 8:22 PM
Hmm.. And what about the SSD?
the amazon includes a 16 gig version of one.. is it worth it for $50 ?
Jan 16, 2013, 8:25 PM
16 gig isn't even enough for OS or ONE game lol... no save your $50.
Edit: ahh its a 750gb HDD with a 16 GB ssd cache for $50 more vs a 1TB HDD... I would save $50 and get the 1TB.
Jan 16, 2013, 8:31 PM
I tought windows 7 didnt use more than the 16 gb.
Any other laptop recommendation?
Jan 26, 2013, 10:21 PM
Best answer selected by all1ed.
Ask a new question
Gaming Laptop Help
Laptop light gaming use
College gaming laptop recommendation?
Need a new laptop
TORN between light gaming laptop (Lenovo y580) and ultrabook (Asus Zen
Recommend a Laptop to buy?
New laptop - 800 USD max
Looking fot a laptop with the best battery life
In need of a laptop
Is both ssd and hdd possible in one laptop?
Tom's Hardware Around the World
Tom's Hardware Around the World
Subscribe to Tom's Hardware
Search the site
About Tom's Hardware
Copyright © 2017
Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Tom's Hardware Guide ™