restart download from beginning

Hi, i am downloading or trying to download a large file (566mb) iso image if
i lose connection i have to restart download from beginning is there anyway i
can resume from where it stopped as i was nearly at the end of download?

Gordon

"jaga58" <jaga58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i am downloading or trying to download a large file (566mb) iso image
if
> i lose connection i have to restart download from beginning is there
anyway i
> can resume from where it stopped as i was nearly at the end of download?

If your connection is that flakey you might be best advised to ask them to
send it on CD!

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

jaga58 wrote:

> Hi, i am downloading or trying to download a large
> file (566mb) iso image if i lose connection i have
> to restart download from beginning is there anyway i
> can resume from where it stopped as i was nearly at
> the end of download?

Use a download manager. If the site supports it a download
manager can restart. It very much depends on what the iso is
and from what site.

For example, some Debian Linux isos can be downloaded via
"jigdo" which downloads individual files and builds an iso,
which means that it is always restartable, or via "bittorrent".

I always use Sun's Download Manager for downloads from Sun's
sites because the download is corrupt in pretty near 100% of
the time otherwise!

Cheers,

Cliff