I'm got a desktop picture set, but it cna't be displayed.
All I see is a blue screen.

When the XP theme is used instead, the default desktop picture can be seen
this time.

How can I set my own picture instead?

Pls advise. Thanks

Jim

"The XP theme is used instead", instead of what? Select the theme you want
then right click desktop/ click on properties/ desktop and choose your pic.