myJal problem, can anyone help

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 12, 2004 1:27:05 PM

Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go to
download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only thing
i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
wrong...please help....

More about : myjal problem

June 12, 2004 1:40:10 PM

Clik on the drop down menu for file types, where it says midi.
"Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go
> download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only
thing
> i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
> impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
> wrong...please help....

June 12, 2004 1:46:11 PM

i have did that, but all it says is midi, nothing else.... any other
suggestions.

"Hammer" <reddog_3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Clik on the drop down menu for file types, where it says midi.
> "Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go
> > download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only
> thing
> > i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under
the
> > impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
> > wrong...please help....

June 12, 2004 9:21:15 PM

Did you un-zip the files that you downloaded...they won't show up unless you
un-zip them.

DR
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 10:15:27 PM

you need to tell it to look for wav file. (*.wav)
by default it searches only for midis (*.mid)

1. click "add" button
2. where it says "file name" type in *.wav
3. go to the directory where your files are.

also you MUST have wav in the following format:

8000K 8bit mono PCM wave

or else it won't work when you try to upload it, you'll just get some
error.

same goes for your midi file, must be midi type 0 (zero) format

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:27:05 -0400, "Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go to
>download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only thing
>i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
>impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
>wrong...please help....

June 13, 2004 1:20:09 AM

thanks guys, I got it working....

"Blarrrr" <acosmp3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> you need to tell it to look for wav file. (*.wav)
> by default it searches only for midis (*.mid)
>
> 1. click "add" button
> 2. where it says "file name" type in *.wav
> 3. go to the directory where your files are.
>
> also you MUST have wav in the following format:
>
> 8000K 8bit mono PCM wave
>
> or else it won't work when you try to upload it, you'll just get some
> error.
>
> same goes for your midi file, must be midi type 0 (zero) format
>

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:27:05 -0400, "Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go
> >download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only
thing
> >i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
> >impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
> >wrong...please help....

December 23, 2007 11:14:56 PM

With Iden phones stating we are converting a file to WAV format. It has to be at 8000hz in mono sound 8bit ONLY. You will keep getting "communication errors" you try any other way except crappy MIDI they all like that junk. Also make sure your USB is using 115200 baud rate for transfer in the connection options on Myjal and advanced features in the phone is set to receive at same. There are some IDEN phones that take other sidesteps but most work fine with the above.
!