myJal problem, can anyone help

Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go to
download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only thing
i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
wrong...please help....
6 answers Last reply
More about myjal problem help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Clik on the drop down menu for file types, where it says midi.
    "Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go
    > download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only
    thing
    > i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
    > impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
    > wrong...please help....

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    i have did that, but all it says is midi, nothing else.... any other
    suggestions.

    "Hammer" <reddog_3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Clik on the drop down menu for file types, where it says midi.
    > "Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go
    > > download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only
    > thing
    > > i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under
    the
    > > impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
    > > wrong...please help....

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Did you un-zip the files that you downloaded...they won't show up unless you
    un-zip them.

    DR
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    you need to tell it to look for wav file. (*.wav)
    by default it searches only for midis (*.mid)

    1. click "add" button
    2. where it says "file name" type in *.wav
    3. go to the directory where your files are.

    also you MUST have wav in the following format:

    8000K 8bit mono PCM wave

    or else it won't work when you try to upload it, you'll just get some
    error.

    same goes for your midi file, must be midi type 0 (zero) format

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:27:05 -0400, "Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go to
    >download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only thing
    >i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
    >impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
    >wrong...please help....

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    thanks guys, I got it working....

    "Blarrrr" <acosmp3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > you need to tell it to look for wav file. (*.wav)
    > by default it searches only for midis (*.mid)
    >
    > 1. click "add" button
    > 2. where it says "file name" type in *.wav
    > 3. go to the directory where your files are.
    >
    > also you MUST have wav in the following format:
    >
    > 8000K 8bit mono PCM wave
    >
    > or else it won't work when you try to upload it, you'll just get some
    > error.
    >
    > same goes for your midi file, must be midi type 0 (zero) format
    >

    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:27:05 -0400, "Bill" <galerie43@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hello, i installed myjal and everything is working fine except when i go
    > >download ringtones, it does not show my .wav files, it seems the only
    thing
    > >i use for my ringtones is .midi. I have an I730 phones and was under the
    > >impression that .wavs can be downloaded. Am I doing something
    > >wrong...please help....

  6. With Iden phones stating we are converting a file to WAV format. It has to be at 8000hz in mono sound 8bit ONLY. You will keep getting "communication errors" you try any other way except crappy MIDI they all like that junk. Also make sure your USB is using 115200 baud rate for transfer in the connection options on Myjal and advanced features in the phone is set to receive at same. There are some IDEN phones that take other sidesteps but most work fine with the above.

Nextel Internet Service Providers