Microsoft Word

I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open Microsoft Word, the
Windows Installer starts up ... and it
says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes to a box that says
"The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the
'Microsoft Word 2002'
disk and click OK".

This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone turned me on to a file
that completely deleted everything related to Word and then had me
completely re-install it, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I would like to just
because all this is such a pain in the ...

Thanks ...

Michael Mauzey
pormike@wbcable.net
10 answers Last reply
More about microsoft word

    OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q265194

    Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Application

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eZ9oc36kFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Michael Mauzey <pormike@canby.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open Microsoft Word, the
    > Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    > says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes to a box that
    > says "The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the
    > 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    > disk and click OK".
    >
    > This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone turned me on to a file
    > that completely deleted everything related to Word and then had me
    > completely re-install it, but that didn't work either.
    >
    > Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I would like to just
    > because all this is such a pain in the ...
    >
    > Thanks ...
    >
    > Michael Mauzey
    > pormike@wbcable.net

    Hi, Michael:

    Have you tried asking the experts in the word newsgroups?

    Tom
    "Michael Mauzey" <pormike@canby.com> wrote in message
    |I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open Microsoft Word, the
    | Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    | says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes to a box that
    says
    | "The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the
    | 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    | disk and click OK".
    |
    | This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone turned me on to a file
    | that completely deleted everything related to Word and then had me
    | completely re-install it, but that didn't work either.
    |
    | Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I would like to just
    | because all this is such a pain in the ...
    |
    | Thanks ...
    |
    | Michael Mauzey
    | pormike@wbcable.net

    OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q265194

    Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Application

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eZ9oc36kFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Michael Mauzey <pormike@canby.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open Microsoft Word, the
    > Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    > says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes to a box that
    > says "The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the
    > 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    > disk and click OK".
    >
    > This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone turned me on to a file
    > that completely deleted everything related to Word and then had me
    > completely re-install it, but that didn't work either.
    >
    > Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I would like to just
    > because all this is such a pain in the ...
    >
    > Thanks ...
    >
    > Michael Mauzey
    > pormike@wbcable.net

    Wesley,
    Thanks, but when I did the language thing, it says that the application
    failed ... and the Common 9.0 thing didn't work as I have Common 10.0 and
    there is no userdata listed. I tried the Annoyances.org suggestions, but I
    have no group policy thing ...
    Anyway, thanks for trying ... I appreciate it!
    Michael

    OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q265194

    Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Application

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eZ9oc36kFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Michael Mauzey <pormike@canby.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open Microsoft Word, the
    > Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    > says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes to a box that
    > says "The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the
    > 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    > disk and click OK".
    >
    > This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone turned me on to a file
    > that completely deleted everything related to Word and then had me
    > completely re-install it, but that didn't work either.
    >
    > Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I would like to just
    > because all this is such a pain in the ...
    >
    > Thanks ...
    >
    > Michael Mauzey
    > pormike@wbcable.net

    Hi Michael,

    This would be a question to put to one of the Office or Word newsgroups.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Michael Mauzey wrote:
    > I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open
    > Microsoft Word, the Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    > says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes
    > to a box that says "The feature that you are trying to
    > use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    > disk and click OK".
    >
    > This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone
    > turned me on to a file that completely deleted everything
    > related to Word and then had me completely re-install it,
    > but that didn't work either.
    >
    > Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I
    > would like to just because all this is such a pain in the
    >
    > Thanks ...
    >
    > Michael Mauzey
    > pormike@wbcable.net

    Common 10.0 means that you have Word 2002, not Word 2000. Which means that
    you have Office XP.

    You have selected something to be installed On first use, meaning that Setup
    does not install the feature until the first time it is used.

    Stick the Word 2002 in your drive, click OK and let it get installed

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23L1r9Q9kFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Michael Mauzey <pormike@canby.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Wesley,
    > Thanks, but when I did the language thing, it says that the application
    > failed ... and the Common 9.0 thing didn't work as I have Common 10.0 and
    > there is no userdata listed. I tried the Annoyances.org suggestions, but
    > I have no group policy thing ...
    > Anyway, thanks for trying ... I appreciate it!
    > Michael

    > OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q265194
    >
    > Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Application
    > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-103
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:eZ9oc36kFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Michael Mauzey <pormike@canby.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open Microsoft Word,
    >> the Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    >> says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes to a box that
    >> says "The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert
    >> the 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    >> disk and click OK".
    >>
    >> This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone turned me on to a
    >> file that completely deleted everything related to Word and then had me
    >> completely re-install it, but that didn't work either.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I would like to
    >> just because all this is such a pain in the ...
    >>
    >> Thanks ...
    >>
    >> Michael Mauzey
    >> pormike@wbcable.net

    Thanks Wesley ... but I have to re-install Word EVERY
    time I want to use it. And I do have Word 2000, not Office XP so I wonder
    why it shows that I have Common 10 ... wierd! Do you have any suggestions
    as to a substitute for Word ... don't really like Microsoft anyway?

    Thanks again ... Michael

    Common 10.0 means that you have Word 2002, not Word 2000. Which means that
    you have Office XP.

    You have selected something to be installed On first use, meaning that Setup
    does not install the feature until the first time it is used.

    Stick the Word 2002 in your drive, click OK and let it get installed

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23L1r9Q9kFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Michael Mauzey <pormike@canby.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Wesley,
    > Thanks, but when I did the language thing, it says that the application
    > failed ... and the Common 9.0 thing didn't work as I have Common 10.0 and
    > there is no userdata listed. I tried the Annoyances.org suggestions, but
    > I have no group policy thing ...
    > Anyway, thanks for trying ... I appreciate it!
    > Michael

    > OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q265194
    >
    > Windows Installer Appears Every Time I Start an Application
    > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-103
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:eZ9oc36kFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Michael Mauzey <pormike@canby.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open Microsoft Word,
    >> the Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    >> says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes to a box that
    >> says "The feature that you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert
    >> the 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    >> disk and click OK".
    >>
    >> This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone turned me on to a
    >> file that completely deleted everything related to Word and then had me
    >> completely re-install it, but that didn't work either.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I would like to
    >> just because all this is such a pain in the ...
    >>
    >> Thanks ...
    >>
    >> Michael Mauzey
    >> pormike@wbcable.net

    which are where?

    Michael Mauzey wrote:
    > I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open
    > Microsoft Word, the Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    > says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes
    > to a box that says "The feature that you are trying to
    > use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    > disk and click OK".
    >
    > This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone
    > turned me on to a file that completely deleted everything
    > related to Word and then had me completely re-install it,
    > but that didn't work either.
    >
    > Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I
    > would like to just because all this is such a pain in the
    >
    > Thanks ...
    >
    > Michael Mauzey
    > pormike@wbcable.net

    Click on "Newsgroups" icon at the top of your OE newsreader and
    search/select from there.

    | which are where?
    |
    | "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    | Hi Michael,
    |
    | This would be a question to put to one of the Office or Word newsgroups.
    |
    | --
    | Regards,
    | Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    | http://bertk.mvps.org
    |
    | Michael Mauzey wrote:
    | > I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open
    | > Microsoft Word, the Windows Installer starts up ... and it
    | > says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it goes
    | > to a box that says "The feature that you are trying to
    | > use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the 'Microsoft Word 2002'
    | > disk and click OK".
    | >
    | > This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone
    | > turned me on to a file that completely deleted everything
    | > related to Word and then had me completely re-install it,
    | > but that didn't work either.
    | >
    | > Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I
    | > would like to just because all this is such a pain in the
    | >
    | > Thanks ...
    | >
    | > Michael Mauzey
    | > pormike@wbcable.net

    Hi Michael,

    Here is a list of MS newsgroups, click on the one that applies.
    Microsoft Public Newsgroups:
    http://www.aumha.org/nntp.php

    --

    Michael Mauzey wrote:
    > which are where?
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > This would be a question to put to one of the Office or
    > Word newsgroups.
    >

    > Michael Mauzey wrote:
    >> I don't know what the problem is, but everytime I open
    >> Microsoft Word, the Windows Installer starts up ... and
    >> it says "Installing Microsoft Word Feature" .. then it
    >> goes to a box that says "The feature that you are trying
    >> to use is on a CD-ROM ... Insert the 'Microsoft Word
    >> 2002' disk and click OK".
    >>
    >> This happens EVERY time I try to use Word. Someone
    >> turned me on to a file that completely deleted everything
    >> related to Word and then had me completely re-install it,
    >> but that didn't work either.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions ... I find myself not using Word when I
    >> would like to just because all this is such a pain in the
    >>
    >> Thanks ...
    >>
    >> Michael Mauzey
    >> pormike@wbcable.net

Microsoft Word Windows Installer Microsoft Windows XP