Bottleneck=code?

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Okay, what is going on in the gaming business, are the CPUs too fast to write for? Can't we write new, faster code to keep up? Are the languages too slow? It seems that the CPUs can go to 2.0 Gigs, but the games get stuck at 550mhz or so for optimization. Am I out of my mind, or do others agree?
Take-Out (koo-koo mood)

The early bird gets the worm. The early worm gets the bird.

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks, I've been curious lately, as I am getting ready to upgrade, wanting a serious increase. I think I will just wait till I get a slow down I can notice or until the P4 gets a DDR chipset, maybe Brookdale?
Take-Out

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry for the late reply, got busy with stuff, you know, sometimes you have to take care of priorities. Thanks for the reply, and yea, the Northwood with a Brookdale (aka i845) will be THE one to get.
But sheesh Intel, get off the Rambus wagon and give us what we want to buy, or someone else (VIA?) will get a DDR chipset going with P4 and steal your business and reputation AGAIN!
Tom's had a picture from Compudex(sp?) with walls of i845 motherboards from just MSI, waiting to be released on word from Intel. Sorry, venting frustation, thanks for the reply.
Good Luck, Take-Out