LE TVO, 183MHz, Hyper Z, want it?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I got a Radeon LE TVO for $110 with shipping. I enabled Hyper Z and clocked it to 183/183. Ran 3DMark 2000 to verify stability. It worked fine, but got a little warm. So I attached the coolest looking ramsinks and a 40mm fan. It was for my wife's computer. But she won't be needing it. So it can be yours WITH all the work, heatsinks, fan, and verified speed/Hyper Z, for only $120. It has only been used for a couple hours to verify stability. And you have the benefit of getting one that is verified to run at full retail spec. Any takers?

THIS CARD IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

Another success story from Crashman! What's next? :)

I'm looking for a graphic card upgrade for my IBM Aptiva 2170-27G. My system comes with a SiS 530 onboard graphic chip, which is fine for anything except gaming.

Unfortunately, I'll be needing a PCI card--no AGP port. *sigh* You wouldn't happen to have a good PCI card instead, Crashman? Care to recommend one?

A nice day to all.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Isn't that kinda expensive for a LE? $71 at NewEgg except it doesn't come with the heatsinks and Fan and the Video out, hmmmmmmm, maybe you should go for OBO. Does sound like a good tested card, have you flash the bios to a regular 32 meg DDR Radeon?

Terak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If I remember correctly Crash is a Canadian.
hmm... exchange rate @ 1.5 ( $71) = $106

Pretty close from the looks of it.

Am I right Crash?

Regards,
Terak (also Canadian)

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So you're saying that after the oc'ing and hyper-z'ing, you should flash the card? Why? It works as good as the retail one already.

Sh!t Happens.

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Crashman, really cool offer. I was wondering if I could find a site would test them for me. but I'm not getting anything for a month. Where did you get it from? the LE at newegg is one heck of a deal. The way Noko puts it, the LE can work just fine even without the oc'ing. Maybe I'll get the LE for 71$ and take my chances. Good luck crashman.

Sh!t Happens.

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Err.. no... the LE wouldn't work fine unless you enabled the goodies. Without them you have a card that's worse than a Ge2 MX :(

(No offense to MX owners of course)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
NO NO NO, I am "michiganian", this is not the CHEAP $71 non-TVO, this is the EXPENSIVE $103 TVO version with both S-Video and RCA connectors. You CANNOT flash these with the Retail BIOS BECAUSE the RETAIL 32MB version DOES NOT HAVE TVO, so flashing with the Retail 32MB bios would DISABLE TVO!

This is much more like the retail VIVO card, with only the "input" missing.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can get the pain one at NewEgg for $71, but the TVO one still cost around $100. And mine is pre-tested, not all of them will overclock to retail specs or work properly with HyperZ enabled, but you know this one does. I tested it on a system with 89MHz AGP bus (BX@133), so you know it's stable! Plus, with the black ramsinks and 40MM fan, this thing even LOOKS powerfull!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Actually, this is a very good deal and I am surprised no one rushed to pick this up. The TV output adds $20 to the card, the heatsink and gpu cooler at least another $20 not counting the labor. Plus a card proven to overclock well is good insurance. Now I think some of us are probable wondering why the heck are you selling it?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I had two cards-a Radeon and a Gforce2 MX, for my wifes computer. I could not at the time I ordered the Radeon get the MX to output DVD to TV. Before the card even arrived I found the DVD solution (it involves some "questionable" software). So then I got the Radeon and decided to put it up against my GTS for performance. Well, it performed well, but not as well as the GTS. Since my wife's computer is now working well with the MX, and it is only hooked to the TV (640x480 resolution), the Radeon is a little overkill for it. No need to throw good money after bad, I don't need the card, so I am willing to sell it.

If someone wants the MX instead, they can make me an offer-it also has S-Video and Composite out, and I have some "special" software for it that disables Macrovision so that it can display DVD to the TV (and make professional copies of DVD to VCR, but I would never do that, it's illegal!).